DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - MR. WRESTLING (Tim Woods)

RIPPA

There are a bunch of names with birthdays today (Christian, Liger, Zenk, Naomi, etc..) so of course I pick the guy who died 13 years ago today.

And again - this is Mr. Wrestling TIM WOODS not JOHNNY WEAVER. So yeah - I am sure I will fuck up that footage about a half a dozen times

One day, someone will find and post the Tim Woods vs Johnny Valentine feud where Valentine breaks Woods leg from not breaking the figure four after Woods submits- which is sooooo fucking great because Woods is like, "That's what I get for giving up"- which leads directly into Woods donning the mask so the Anderson brothers couldn't feed off the pain in his face.  Tim Woods was fucking great. 

• Like 3

One day, someone will find and post the Tim Woods vs Johnny Valentine feud where Valentine breaks Woods leg from not breaking the figure four after Woods submits- which is sooooo fucking great because Woods is like, "That's what I get for giving up"- which leads directly into Woods donning the mask so the Anderson brothers couldn't feed off the pain in his face.  Tim Woods was fucking great. 

Fuck you, Dean, for tearing the stitches off of old unhealed wounds. 

I saw that match on TV as a kid and fucking wept buckets for hours after witnessing Woods howling in pain after kayfabe getting his leg broken.  

I recall my comic book collection growing by five issues thanks to my parents's attempt to cheer me up.

• Like 1

So, some guy is running the Mr. Wrestling gimmick in the indies.   Is he doing it with the blessing of his predecessors?  You'd have thought that Vince would've bought the gimmick and turned into the WWE response to the Tiger Mask gimmick.

One day, someone will find and post the Tim Woods vs Johnny Valentine feud where Valentine breaks Woods leg from not breaking the figure four after Woods submits- which is sooooo fucking great because Woods is like, "That's what I get for giving up"- which leads directly into Woods donning the mask so the Anderson brothers couldn't feed off the pain in his face. Tim Woods was fucking great.

Fuck you, Dean, for tearing the stitches off of old unhealed wounds.

I saw that match on TV as a kid and fucking wept buckets for hours after witnessing Woods howling in pain after kayfabe getting his leg broken.

I recall my comic book collection growing by five issues thanks to my parents's attempt to cheer me up.

That's the great thing about that. That was seared into my mind 42 years ago and I can picture it like it happened yesterday.

• Like 1

So, some guy is running the Mr. Wrestling gimmick in the indies.   Is he doing it with the blessing of his predecessors?  You'd have thought that Vince would've bought the gimmick and turned into the WWE response to the Tiger Mask gimmick.

If I'm right, that's Steve Corino working as Mr. Wrestling III and he got the blessing of Johnny Walker, aka, Mr. Wrestling II.

Mr. Sports Entertainment?

I see why Mr. Wrestling X calls himself that. He looks like 5 Johnny Walkers.

I'm sure he can down a lot of Johnnie Walker.

Maybe instead of Mr. Wrestling X, he should have went with Mr. Wrestling XXXL.