DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I know I keep bringing it up, but I'm terrified for my Gamecocks. We really need a strong coach who can recruit and who doesn't call four fade outs in a row on the goal line.

Well, I've seen Muschamp's name mentioned a couple of times. He can recruit, and I suspect he's physically strong...

And Richt to Miami also appears to be a done deal.

Maryland thought they'd get a big jump on the carousel, only to see this become the great college coach bloodbath of '15. So they hopped on a hot young assistant with a great coaching pedigree (Meyer and Harbaugh! Ignore Muschamp, please.)

Maryland thought they'd get a big jump on the carousel, only to see this become the great college coach bloodbath of '15. So they hopped on a hot young assistant with a great coaching pedigree (Meyer and Harbaugh! Ignore Muschamp, please.)

Well, Florida's defense wasn't the problem under Muschamp...

Well, Florida's defense wasn't the problem under Muschamp...

Also true.

Reports are out that, before suffering "sticker shock" LSU was actively negotiating with Jimbo's agent.

I'm going to laugh if they end up having to give Les an extension to fix this mess.

I'm not sure why Fisher would go there, its a lateral move at best, and considering the SEC is tougher, maybe a step down, but $$$ talks, I guess.

Pitt running back and 2014 ACC Player of The Year James Conner diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma (after tearing his MCL in the first game of the year this season). Horrible news for the kid, hope he pulls through OK.

Kind of crazy that an MCL tear may save his life.  If he didn't tear the MCL they might not have caught the Lymphoma in time.

Ugh.  Social Justice Warriors on Twitter are taking the University of Miami to task for hiring Mark Richt without following the Rooney Rule.

1) There is no Rooney Rule in the NCAA.

2) Their interim coach Larry Scott -- WHO IS AFRICAN-AMERICAN -- was interviewed. 

• Like 1

Larry Fedora is going nowhere. New 7 year (!) extension with UNC.

More worried about Chizik going back to being a HC.  He worked a miracle to make the defense more than respectable when they were God awful last year with mostly the same guys.  It's perhaps the best job of coaching I've ever seen.