DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Southern Miss hired Jay Hopson from Alcorn State. Most notable for being the first white head coach of an HBCU team. Built Alcorn from a horrible loser to back-to-back SWAC championships.

Whatever. I'm gonna put my head back in the oven.

I'm gonna laugh at this when he's fired at the end of the 2017 season for still not having beaten Ohio State. 

Hey, he could commute to Eastern Michigan and coach their team. He wouldn't even have to leave Ann Arbor! 

• 2 weeks later...

So the state of Louisiana is apparently broke as shit.   New governor John Bel Edwards went on TV last night and said LSU won't have a football team if the state can't pass a budget.  

Now that's some saber rattling. 

So the state of Louisiana is apparently broke as shit. New governor John Bel Edwards went on TV last night and said LSU won't have a football team if the state can't pass a budget.

Now that's some saber rattling.

Even better NO Louisiana state funded school would be able to play fall sports because schools will be shut down in April causing student athletes to have to take incompletes for the spring semester, which would make them inelegable for falls sports.

The Tennessean is breaking a story about a Title IX lawsuit where the Vols coach referred to a player who aided a woman who was allegedly raped by two other Vols as a traitor.

Buenes noches, Butch.

The details of that story, and the press conference they had about it probably means that Tennessee is going to handle this in the absolute worst way possible.  The lawsuit is 64 pages, and Tennessee decided that they need to remove one paragraph about Peyton Manning that they deem is irrelevant.  They'd rather protect the legend of Peyton Manning than address the 64 pages of the Tennessee campus being a dangerous place for women to go to school.  They then put on a press conference where every varsity coach got on stage to "protect the university."  They comment most relevant to the discussion of the safety of female students came from Holly Warlick who essentially said, "You could get raped anywhere."  They are accused of having a campus that will protect their athletic programs in a way that makes Tennessee a hostile sexual environment for their female students, and what do they do?  They protect their athletic programs that makes Tennessee look like a hostile sexual environment for their female students.

• Like 1

Illinois has dismissed head coach Bill Cubit and offensive coordinator Ryan Cubit. They were hired three months ago.

Timing seems a bit odd, to say the least.

What's a Cubit? Unemployed, apparently.

Yeah, we were all "it's really weird they extended him, maybe because of all the unrest above him they didn't want to deal with a coaching search?" back when they did it. So strange.

Lovie has not coached the college game in 20 years, a not insignficant amount of time when you consider how much the college game has evolved in the last decade alone. I think he has a better chance of traveling back in time and surviving in the Cretaceous period than building a winning football program at Illinois.

• 1 month later...

Michigan's RB Drake Johnson was hospitalized after being hit by a forklift (?!) while stretching during Track & Field practice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--michigan-rb-drake-johnson-hit-by-forklift-while-stretching-145930585.html

I'm sure Harbaugh will have the forklift operator eaten by actual Wolverines by sundown.  

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Michigan's RB Drake Johnson was hospitalized after being hit by a forklift (?!) while stretching during Track & Field practice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--michigan-rb-drake-johnson-hit-by-forklift-while-stretching-145930585.html

I'm sure Harbaugh will have the forklift operator eaten by actual Wolverines by sundown.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...