DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

That's been a done deal for a while. They were just waiting for the regular season to end so they didn't have to pay Boom's buyout at Auburn.

Which makes Rich Rod's big proclamation that he turned SC down all the more hilarious. Dude was never a serious candidate, let alone offered the job.

It's as if Muschamp's life ambition is to fail in all the places where Spurrier succeeded. Can he go to Duke next?

And for the record, Richt is good enough. His biggest sin at UGA is not being quite as successful as the schools around him who were incredibly successful, despite being in the mix every year. I think Georgia's neighbor envy was too much to bear for the boosters. So they passed the hat.

You know, I told you all South Carolina wasn't a great job and wouldn't get a big hire at coach.

Hereman reportedly turned them down to stay at Houston, Smart choose Georgia over them, Fedora got a huge contact extension just for being rumored.

The reports on that are really strange. Nobody seems to be hedging their bets in either direction. It's either "RichRod turned them down flat, definitely" or "he was never offered the job, definitely."

If he turned them down, *shrug*

If they interviewed him and decided Muschamp was the best choice... Eashh

As a Gamecocks fan this is very frustrating. I think we just scrambled when Fuente and Smart went elsewhere.

I honestly think Muschamp will be three and done. We'll likely have three consecutive 4-8 or 5-7 seasons (maybe one bowl appearance) and he gets canned because.....he sucks.

I just don't understand what South Carolina would have seen during his tenure at Florida to make them think the results would be different. He lost in the division of the same conference with a better recruiting base.

Dabo Swiney wins The Home Depot Presents The Home Depot Coach of the Year.

Who was the sponsor behind that award? And why is it named after some guy named "Home Depot"? What kind of parent gives their kid the name "Home"?

East Carolina is the dumbest University around

As an ECU alum, I can tell you that the only people happy with this firing are

A) the AD, and

b) boosters.

East Carolina Univeriaty sits in a part of NC where there are only a handful of rich folks, and they're all assholes. According to a friend in local sports media, the boosters have been wanting to fire Coach Ruffin for the past two years, but you can't fire your football coach if you are a school of ECU's size and you make bowls. Well, they finally have a losing season (5-7), so they took their chance.

Coach Ruffin was a former ECU player who got us into the top 25 last year for a spell, and he was known to walk up to strangers wearing ECU apparel and tell them "thank you."

The AD basically said during the press conference, "Yeah, he loved the school, but that's not hard to replace."

Oh well, can't wait to see who the white guy is that they hire.

• Like 1

Oh man, Kyle Allen leaving TAMU. With two years of eligibility remaining.

I know he was up and down and all, but I have to admit, that much pro style talent, with a year of forced redshirting, coached by Harbaugh, would be really intriguing.