DVDVR Message Board

[DVDVR] WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW #175

RIPPA

dvdvr175cover.jpg

TOMOAKI HONMA~! WINS~! Wait… WHAT?!?!?!?~! VICTOR JOVICA~! bleeds by example~! DAISUKE~! has no last name~! DEAN~! still can’t spell Mr. Gannosuke correctly~! LUDARK SHAITAN~! BULL OF THE WOODS~! JUDY MARTIN~! KENGO MASHIMO~! LUCHA DEEP CUTS~!

http://deathvalleydriver.com/2015/11/28/dvdvr175/

Dean kinda broke my spirit with the two matches at once thing so I will create a simple version tomorrow morning... and maybe attempting editing.

• Like 1

Isn't the color guy in the Abdullah-Jovica match Bobby Jaggers? Could've sworn that's what I heard Savinovich say. Either way, WWE needs to throw millions into building a time machine, going back, kidnapping that color man and putting him on every WWE broadcast. That laugh is a firm contender for 2015 Awesomest Thing of the Year. And then Jovica bypasses bleeding buckets and goes straight to bleeding oil drums. He's gotta stop what he's doing 1,000 times to rake the blood out of his eyes, and he's just a mess.

I rather dug the finishing sequence with the cutoffs. That was Damn Enjoyable Wrestling right there.

-Multiple wrestlers have mentioned that Bobby Jaggers was apparently a pathological liar of sorts.  Every time I listen to him on commentary, I can never shake that knowledge.  He's just constantly spewing bullshit.  It's amazing!

-Although I have no problems with the current New Japan roster, there will always be a pain in my heart when I think that some Japanese guys, like Suwama, Sekimoto, a handful of others, and now Manabu Soya...may never have the chance to work in the Tokyo Dome.  They deserve to be in that spot as much as anyone else.  

-I feel vindicated in my admiration of Kotooge.  He reminds me a lot of Sean Waltman, in a "holy shit, this kid really doesn't fucking care" kind of way.  Surprisingly nasty and violent.  Dean, if you dig Kotooge, watch some Kenou/Hajime Ohara matches from NOAH, they give off a similar vibe.  

That Judy Martin match was fucking awesome.  I had dug her AJW matches as one of the Glamour Girls, but I think I need to start digging up her matches.  She might be one of the people I need to add to my Unheralded List.

• Like 1

Rippa coins the DVDVR Moto!

DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW

"So assuming you like blood in your matches – watch this. If you don’t, grow a set."

• Like 1

That Judy Martin match was fucking awesome.

Indeed it was. I'm not sure I've ever heard of Desiree Petersen before, but now I wanna search out more of her stuff. (According to a quick search, Youtube has a few matches with her tagging with DUMP MATSUMOTO in Japan.) And also some of the worst commentary I've ever heard from the Gene/Gino team, for the entire last half of the match Gorilla would never shut up about what a bad job the ref was doing and Okerlund isn't enough of a wiseass to shut down Gorilla.

Anyone ever notice that Abdullah, while typically refusing to ever eat a pinfall for years at a time, seems perfectly happy to lose in matches where you have to do some other shit to win? Like the touch-four-corners rules in the match here (or being strapped into the Chair Of Torture in WCW). He's one of those ancient-school guys who thinks that he'll immediately lose his heat if he's beaten in one way, but seems to be all "meh, whatever" when he's losing in a flukey submission match.