DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu Matches (Direct Download, Youtube, etc.)

Kevin Wilson

Since the MME folder didn't show back up (and it wasn't used that much anymore anyway aside from the youtube channel), we will just re-start a puroresu version here and bring some more traffic to our happy lil sub-folder.  When I un-lazy myself I will see if I have the power to make subfolders, and if I do I will make one within Purotopia for matches if a global one isn't made in the meantime.  Anyway, to kick things off, a handful of recent All Japan matches:

Suwama © vs. Jun Akiyama

Posted Image

WHEN:  June 30th, 2013
WHERE:  Sumo Hall

WHY:  Triple Crown Championship

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK:  Download Here

Suwama vs. Go Shiozaki - Two out of Three Falls
Posted Image

WHEN:  July 14th, 2013

WHERE:  Tokyo, Japan

WHY: Just For Fun

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK:  Small File and a Large File (neither are great quality)

Joe Doering vs. KENSO

Posted Image

WHEN:  July 21st, 2013
WHERE:  Osaka, Japan

WHY:  Mid-Carders Collide!

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK:  Download Here

None of these are great quality, it was just the best I found them as full events before I spliced out what I wanted.  So definitely not HD or close to it, but perfectly watchable.  Similar to what matches looked like that we downloaded five years ago :)

I haven't watched any new puro in a long ass minute, thanks.

Quality schmality. Seems like yesterday I was watching best of Benoit in Japan on a 7th or 8th generation VHS and really getting into that classic match, "sort of Owen-like white blob vs. sort of Benoit-like blobby shape".

• Like 3

I guess I can invite myself to the party. Stuff I have watched over the last week or so.

M-Pro - The Great Sasuke & Ultimo Dragon vs Jinsei Shinzaki & Gedo

Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouPyg4AGkAk 

Part 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XLz7RhNIU

• 2 weeks later...

This might not make any sense, but I don't have time for single matches. I'm on a FULL SHOW binge. I get in bed, turn on the laptop, dig through MuttonAndTheHam or PuroresuMatches youtube folders and see what's over and hour long: there's a lot of really fun comp tapes, like the annual NJPW Best Bout tapes (nearly-required viewing for NJPW neophytes, which there seem to be more and more of these days) and the must-watch Pancrase The Best two-parter. I'm really impressed by the amount of full Joshi shows available, there's just a daunting amount. There's also loads of good Memphis, but that's for another board.

What I'm really interested in tracking down are full shows from FMW (no Tokyopop, Jesus), post-'93 All Japan TV, any and all WAR shows (anything with undercards that regularly insane need the full show treatment), and my guiltiest of guilty pleasures, 1999-2004 NJPW shows. Yes, even the shitty shoot-fight Inokism nearsighted disaster shows. My first puroresu VHS purchases were stuff like the 2001 G1 Climax (Block B is the GOAT of all G1 blocks), 2002's CROSS ROAD show that featured no important (at the time) NJPW-born heavyweights yet still succeeded despite REALITY, and this absolute, undeniable gem of a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCxR4WK7jus

This, of course, is the 2001 January 4th Tokyo Dome show IN FUCKIN' FULL. Lot of people might have seen the main event, but any one-night tournament final benefits from sequential viewing of said tournament. All the Kensuke matches are ace.

So yeah anyways I'm trying to find stuff like that and also the dogshit that came after. Maybe there's some awful Dome Show that happened during a random June where Josh Barnett had a match and there's a shitty HEAT title defense and Ron Waterman tags with Giant Silva. In which case I'm the only possible audience and thus I deserve a link.

When I first got heavily into Puroresu that Kawada vs Tenzan match was instantly one of my all-time favorites. Haven't seen it in a long time so I have no idea if it holds up (not entirely sure I want to know) but at the time I loved the shit out of it.

When I first got heavily into Puroresu that Kawada vs Tenzan match was instantly one of my all-time favorites. Haven't seen it in a long time so I have no idea if it holds up (not entirely sure I want to know) but at the time I loved the shit out of it.

It's an above-average Kawada shitkicking. It's really well-paced. They get to the point quick

MASA MICHINOKU vs. Sakigake Gantetsu in Hamada UWF in 1991

aka Great Sasuke vs. Dick Togo

with Ted Tanabe as referee

that's pretty fucking neat

ps. the finish is awful, with dick togo having to sprint across the ring to catch sasuke

• 2 weeks later...