DVDVR Message Board

Happy Thankgsgiving, guys.

J.T.

Enjoy time with friends and family.  Count your blessings instead of your problems.

We are having a slightly non-traditional feast at the house of JT on Thursday.  My girlfriend's son-in-law's parents are from Jamaica and Trinidad / Tobago so we are going to go with more Caribbean cuisine this year instead of the traditional turkey.  Jerk Chicken, Curry Lamb Chops and Callaloo! Mmmmmm. 

I will be going totally exotic because my woman has asked me to make my infamous Hasenpfeffer.  Good thing the local organic market has a Weird Meat section with cubed hare so I don't have to spend a day in the woods shooting rabbits and traumatizing my daughter.

• Like 1

Yeah, it always starts with the hafenpfeffer, then you're sitting around the TV making fun of Bugs Bunny for wearing a dress and the next thing you know, someone says "Harvey!" three times while standing in front of your bathroom mirror as they rummage through your medicine cabinet. Next thing you know, we're trying desperately to live through The Night of the Lepus, and it all started with your damn hafenpfeffer, you sonofabitch.

• Like 3

Do they do fireworks for Thanksgiving, or is that just Independence Day? Because it's really stupid to do fireworks in July, when it doesn't go dark until 9:30 at night (or later). If you were sensible, you'd do fireworks in November, when it goes dark at 4pm. But not late November, it's too cold to be standing outside for too long them. I'd say towards the end of the first week in November would be the ideal time to hold a fireworks display.

Ha ha. Enjoy being grateful for stuff, Yanks.

In order to work with everyone's food allergies and medical needs, I've got a pork roast in the oven, gluten free cornbread on the counter, green bean cassarole ready to go when the pork comes out to rest, pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce.

Y'all have a great day!

• Like 2

Ham, mashed potatoes, various other high calorie good with my family on the way. As a matter of fact, I should be starting some thing now instead of being here.

Hey gang, just wanted to drop in and wish you all a great Thanksgiving. I love the fact that I can show up here and talk wrestling and other non-grown up pursuits with some of the smartest, funniest grownups anywhere on the intergoogles. Enjoy!

Well, mine's a bit somber this year. My mom died suddenly on Saturday, from a massive stroke. She was going to make a turducken because my daughter is fascinated with this meal. The "trying to cope" joke is that dying is a helluva way to get out of cooking that monstrosity. This coming Saturday is the memorial. Puts an emphasis on the giving of thanks that wasn't there in years past.

Have a good one, everyone.

Turkey. Football. Family. Etc.

Happy Thanksgiving to my very fucked up online family.

Happy thanksgiving to the land of the perfect cross section of all of my interests.

Ham, mashed potatoes, various other high calorie good with my family on the way. As a matter of fact, I should be starting some thing now instead of being here.

Hey gang, just wanted to drop in and wish you all a great Thanksgiving. I love the fact that I can show up here and talk wrestling and other non-grown up pursuits with some of the smartest, funniest grownups anywhere on the intergoogles. Enjoy!

I endorse all this.

Well, mine's a bit somber this year. My mom died suddenly on Saturday, from a massive stroke. She was going to make a turducken because my daughter is fascinated with this meal. The "trying to cope" joke is that dying is a helluva way to get out of cooking that monstrosity. This coming Saturday is the memorial. Puts an emphasis on the giving of thanks that wasn't there in years past.

Sorry for your loss, man. Losing your Mum fucking sucks.

On a lighter note, anybody else have the turkey catch on fire? My sister-in-law was trying some new thing where she wrapped the turkey in foil to roast it. Somehow got juices or something on the outside of the foil and caught it on fire. My brother-in-law managed to put it out - and the turkey was salvaged!

Oh wow, just read this.  Sorry for your loss.