DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

For those wondering about the randomness of only Titus working last night

nodaysoff D-Young ‏@DarrenYoungWWE  17s17 seconds ago

Going through rough times personally.  Keep ya head and never let 'em bring you down. This to shall pass.

Caught part of a replay this morning, so at least I saw the end of the show.

The only good thing about Seamus' bit at the end was at least, mercifully, they didn't announce him jumping Roman by playing his goddamn theme music. So that was good. Announcing run ins with theme music is quickly becoming a pet peeve of mine. Pretty heatless crowd that he got the belt though, like not even booing, just indifference. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if Roman had put together even a brief rally. Like, just give him one big spear for a nearfall just to swerve the fans a little, would have gone a long way.

In the month I've been back Seamus has been booked as a midcard nobody, so I'm not sure what to think about all this.

They finally got the crowd to pop big for Roman when he speared Triple H and then... yeah...

I thought Roman/Ambrose was a match where both guys tried hard but the audience knew the screwjob was in and they weren't buying it. Too bad I thought they worked hard and it was otherwise pretty decent.

It's kind of weird that Vince's favourite WWE finish of all time was Yokozuna/Hogan from Wrestlemania IX but that seems to be something we can say is fact by now.

I wonder if it would have been better if they had just held the title up until the Royal Rumble. They haven't done that since '92. Yeah, it would have been a couple months with no title matches but they could have done qualifiers for it etc..  They still could have run Undertaker as the main attraction for Survivor Series and if they really wanted to run the Authority/Roman thing they could have thrown people in his path to try to keep him out of the Rumble.  Hunter could have "his man" in the Rumble or whatever.  Although I'd rather they just do away with the Authority crap entirely. It's so unnecessary.

WWE is at it's worst since...what...1995 or so?

That sounds about right.

Kevin Nash was a better drawing champion than Rollins/Sheamus
That speaks volumes about the piss poor state of WWE creative. If John Cena decided he killed his body enough and made enough money, and wanted to move on to other things, this company would not be set up well for the near future. There's a reason they have to keep going back to Lesnar and using part timers like Sting and Taker. WWE should be stocked right now with credible title contenders: Rusev (if he weren't injured), Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Wyatt, Luke Harper, Reigns, Ambrose, Neville, etc. Rollins was booked to look like an idiot at every turn that couldn't get by without the Authority. Is it any wonder why he didn't draw? Nobody outside of a very select few are booked to look strong. Trading wins helps absolutely nobody. Nobody comes out of their feuds looking stronger. It blows my mind that the people at the top don't see how stagnant everything is right now.

I wonder if it would have been better if they had just held the title up until the Royal Rumble. They haven't done that since '92. Yeah, it would have been a couple months with no title matches but they could have done qualifiers for it etc.. They still could have run Undertaker as the main attraction for Survivor Series and if they really wanted to run the Authority/Roman thing they could have thrown people in his path to try to keep him out of the Rumble. Hunter could have "his man" in the Rumble or whatever. Although I'd rather they just do away with the Authority crap entirely. It's so unnecessary.

How many shows did they go through with no title defenses when brock was champ?

Guys, being humiliated in a short title match by Sheamus us actually a great way to get over.  Daniel Bryan proved that.

So now all Roman has to do is have a year-long losing streak angle, be left at the alter by a woman who now becomes his boss, team up with Kane for months in comedy skits,and be buried by the announce team every week for the way he looks...

...and he's good to go.

• Like 4

I wonder if it would have been better if they had just held the title up until the Royal Rumble. They haven't done that since '92. Yeah, it would have been a couple months with no title matches but they could have done qualifiers for it etc.. They still could have run Undertaker as the main attraction for Survivor Series and if they really wanted to run the Authority/Roman thing they could have thrown people in his path to try to keep him out of the Rumble. Hunter could have "his man" in the Rumble or whatever. Although I'd rather they just do away with the Authority crap entirely. It's so unnecessary.

How many shows did they go through with no title defenses when brock was champ?

I think he only defended it at Night of Champions and then the Rumble right?  So that was at least a couple PPVs. 

One gaping plot hole in this whole thing that I do not have time to go through 7 pages to see if it was asked: Did Ambrose fall into a black hole after the match?

Other than that if they needed to tie down the loose end of Sheamus having the briefcase and moving into Rollins' spot temporarily, fine.

Ambrose left through the crowd, that way he didn't run into HHH or Sheamus on his way out. Was actually surprisingly thoughtful to have him leave that way.

Also one of the announcers even made it a point to mention "Ambrose is leaving the ring so his friend can have his moment" or some such. And as somebody else pointed out, Sheamus's music didn't give away his intentions, So yeah, somebody backstage defintely thought through the whole "Wait, we gotta explain why Ambrose leaves and doesn't come back" thing.

I agree the MiB thing is kinda tired but I would be interested in it one last time if Roman wins the belt with Ambrose winning the case only because it'd set up months worth of "We're buddies but you know I'm gonna eventually cash in on you, right?" tension.

Update on Decision to Make Sheamus WWE Champion

According to Dave Meltzer on “Wrestling Observer Radio,” the decision to make Sheamus the champion last night was decided upon just hours before the show. The reason the company did not want to make Reigns the Champion is because they did not want the fans to boo him as the Champion and believes the crowd would cheer for him while booing Sheamus as the Champion.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Radio

Update on Decision to Make Sheamus WWE Champion

According to Dave Meltzer on “Wrestling Observer Radio,” the decision to make Sheamus the champion last night was decided upon just hours before the show. The reason the company did not want to make Reigns the Champion is because they did not want the fans to boo him as the Champion and believes the crowd would cheer for him while booing Sheamus as the Champion.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Radio

Stupid. So why make Reigns champion in the first place?  Why not have Cesaro upset him or have Reigns get screwed over in the semis or something?   It takes away any real meaning it would have had as Reigns has already climbed the mountain and become champion. He's no longer on the rise. He's reached the top. Fucking stupid.

If the fans are itching to boo a guy, just make him a heel already.  And vice versa.

It's amazing how much Vince McMahon has changed.  It used to be that his homoerotic pet projects would be abandoned posthaste if they didn't draw or if the fans didn't buy them (Diesel, Luger).  Not so much anymore.  I don't know if it's a matter of getting old and feeling like he needs to exert control over his product to prove the business hasn't passed him by or what, but he's just gotten stubborn about wanting his way despite what people want to see.  Vince has such a hardon for making this Renegade-era Lorenzo Lamas looking motherfucker world champ that he's blind to reality.  GODDAMMIT IT MEN WANT TO BE HIM AND I WANT TO FUCK HIM LADIES WANT TO FUCK HIM.