DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

I'm more interested in Sheamus as world champ than I would be in a Ambrose or Reigns title run, but.... yeah, the booking wasn't good last night.

This company doesn't seem to learn.  I like Reigns fine.  I don't think he's "the guy", but Vince and others in the company do.  Fair enough.  So strap the rocket to him and see where he goes.  The "dip a toe in the water" booking philosophy rarely makes top guys.  If he doesn't pan out, take the belt off him, depush him, put the belt on someone else, and try again.  It's not brain surgery.  This is a company that gave Jack Swagger and the Miz strong pushes at the top, yet they can't commit to a guy they supposedly see as the next big thing.

I've thought for awhile that the core problem with the company is they don't want to invest anyone long-term unless that person pays off immediately.  Booking lives or dies based on last week's tv rating, not the last year.

I enjoyed Paige/Charlotte too. I had a feeling that they would water it down after the backlash though. I wanted a hate-filled brawl, which Paige showed flashes of, but this was good for what it was, spear shot aside. And the crowd was more Team Paige than Team Charlotte. They need to turn Charlotte already. lol

If it were me, I would have just redone the Flair/Funk feud (well as much as one can with it being PG...no trashbag's being taped around someone's head and all). Keep building the hate till we get a Charlotte/Paige I Quit match. In typical WWE fashion they went through a couple of months worth of stuff in a week. It was lame that they edited out the Reid comment from the video packages. Now that she's tapped out they have to crown a new number one contender, right?

The match wasn't bad. It just went on long and for something that should have been hate filled, I saw a comment I think on twitter that summed it up. "Yeah, I too would be chain wrestling with the person that made fun of my dead brother".

I can buy it given the pre-match interview.   Paige wanted to drag Charlotte down to that level, and couldn't.   Yes, this match would have worked better with Bayley instead of Charlotte, but it was a great story told well.

So, the new World champ is a guy that's been floundering in the midcard for months, got knocked out of the world title tournament early, and lost a match earlier in the night after being made fun of for being a lame white boy and abandoned by his (cooler, way more over) teammates.

What's the opposite of momentum?

Honestly, Sheamus is a fine transitional champion. He's a good worker, decent promo, and has enough history with other guys on the roster that it's easy to put together a few mini-programs that make sense before he drops the belt. If he'd come back strong, stayed strong, and put together a nice win streak for the past few weeks (the Del Rio model, we'll call it), him winning the bet would be perfectly acceptable.This method of booking MITB guys as directionless goofs on a losing streak who suddenly win the belt and bring their lack of credibility into the main event is just the worst.

• Like 2

Charlotte and Paige didn't do a bad job but as far as high-end women's matches go, there's no way it's in the category of Sasha/Bayley or Sasha/Becky as someone said earlier. Charlotte just isn't there yet. I think she's good but she's not great.

• Like 1

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm tired of the whole MITB concept by now.

It's been done a million times already and it's hard to stay focused on the champion knowing he could lose it at any random moment. Why should I care about X champion vs. X contender when a guy can run in with a briefcase at the end and change the whole thing?

• Like 2

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm tired of the whole MITB concept by now.

It's been done a million times already and it's hard to stay focused on the champion knowing he could lose it at any random moment. Why should I care about X champion vs. X contender when a guy can run in with a briefcase at the end and change the whole thing?

I'll join you in that minority. I have NEVER liked the concept. A title match should be almost "sacred." Taking focus off it for any reason devalues the top of the card in my opinion.

• Like 2

I loved the New Day Survivor series match.  It was great, then the New Day left.  I liked the Taker match too.  I give Harper and Wyatt some credit for making Taker and Kane look like a million bucks......I mean it's not too hard when you have an endearing character like Taker.  Still, they held their end.  Hahaha...Sheamus.  Remember when we were all optimistic, like they can do anything with this tournament. They could use it to make stars and turn the interest level up.  Instead, they did the most obvious, boring shit.  Fuck it.  I don;t know how anyone can sit through a 3 hour RAW anymore.  

If this results in Reigns snapping and crushing everything in his way then im all for it but it won't...

Exactly. Remember when the Shield were pissed and did a run-in on nearly every match on an episode of SD? Roman going ballistic, saying fuck this, and just kicking the shit out of everyone would help him so much and make the upcoming re-match with Sheamus so much more interesting...

But no fucking way that happens.

• Like 2

If this results in Reigns snapping and crushing everything in his way then im all for it but it won't...

I've long been of the opinion that Reigns as an antihero would totally work.  Let him destroy anyone who's dumb enough to get in his way, whether they're face or heel.  Let him go on a scorched earth crusade and force HHH to deal with the fallout.

• Like 2

No, Roman will come out and talk for 20 minutes.  He'll talk about how he had the title won and lost it, but that's okay.  Then he will make some bad jokes and talk the rest of the interview in catch phrases.  Believe Dat!!!!  Then he will wrestle a 18 minute match against the Big Show.  Then we will all fall asleep.  

• Like 3

Things I liked:

*"chinlock city"

*Ryback's dive and JBL's best line in years when describing it. I was in tears.

*Xavier's James Brown hair

*Roman screwing up another backstage promo then getting booed when they tried to play the sympathy card at the end. Its' not going to work, guys. Stop it.

*Sheamus being the goofy white guy

That is all.

Not much of a show match-wise. Alberto vs. Roman had brief flashes of greatness at the end, but nothing beyond that. Owens vs. Dean was "better", but not great. The Survivor Series matches were nothing, but Goldust's return was at least amusing. Charlotte vs. Paige was pretty bland and heatless. Wyatts vs. Brothers of Destruction was fun, but not worth rewatching beyond the entrances. Both Roman's title win and loss were LOL-worthy.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/wwe-survivor-series-2015.html

Screens - 

56a650448856981.jpg 

5d7d6b448856997.jpg 

Dolph's worst getup yet.

a930cd448859731.jpg 

6f7ff8448856969.jpg 

215f25448864750.jpg 

3b47d6448864754.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r6f1k442nhrm2a9w68ki86dv7i7q1xns

I remember back in the day when the good guy was getting beat down, the whole damn locker room would empty and the heels would have to scatter and take off. Why did that go away? There wasn't hardly any time between Ambrose and Reigns hugging and Sheamus showing up. At least not enough time to make you think Ambrose was gone from the arena. But no help for Roman. So stupid.

My other main gripe is where do they go from here? If your end goal is to put the strap on Roman, why not just do it here? Is Brock going to play a factor soon? Is Cena going to be in the title picture? It just left too many questions.

• Like 1

I remember back in the day when the good guy was getting beat down, the whole damn locker room would empty and the heels would have to scatter and take off. Why did that go away? There wasn't hardly any time between Ambrose and Reigns hugging and Sheamus showing up. At least not enough time to make you think Ambrose was gone from the arena. But no help for Roman. So stupid.

My other main gripe is where do they go from here? If your end goal is to put the strap on Roman, why not just do it here? Is Brock going to play a factor soon? Is Cena going to be in the title picture? It just left too many questions.

They could have at least explained that Dean was taking his post-match dump in an abandoned car in the woods somewhere, hence missing his boy's beat down.  Come on WWE.com....where the fuck were you?

• Like 3

Same thing here. Having Sheamus win Money in the Bank was beyond stupid and this is the finality of that. And guess what? It was indeed incredibly stupid.

It's so strange to watch NXT, which is booked and written so simply and it works. Then you watch the main roster and it's just hot garbage.

And I'll say it now...If I had money to bet, I'd totally be in Tromataker's camp. I'd be betting money on Orton vs Sheamus.

WM in AT&T Arena has gone from a show with potentially having the Rock vs Brock or the Rock vs HHH or the Rock/Rousey vs HHH/Steph, along with a hot WWE Title match, like a Brock vs Roman rematch, a Shield 3-way, or something along those lines, and now there's none of that. I suppose they could do Roman vs Brock, but how and why? So Brock beats Sheamus, Roman wins the Royal Rumble and it's the same shit as last year? Fuck that. 

We always do this. WWE do the most boring and predictable story, then we speculate by saying "oh tomorrow on raw, such and such will happen and everything will make sense and be much more interesting"

But it won't. Never does.

Yeah Reigns coming out being all fired-up badass and destroying the place would be a good change of pace and something interesting about his character. But as its already been said, he'll cut a boring, long promo with a tonne of recap and a few fluffed lines, but ultimately be the same guy the fans refuse to latch on to.

• Like 1

I will say HHH didn't look thrilled to be endorsing Sheamus and was more angry at Roman instead of happy with Sheamus.

Reigns/Hunter at Mania for the belt?

I think HHH just doesn't look thrilled because he doesn't want to keep doing the never-ending Authority storyline to nowhere, and rather be focusing on nxt. 

• Like 1

I think I came up with an idea so bad it has a good shot of being the best thing WWE Creative could come up with. Stephanie is due to be back on TV soon. So Stephanie will complain about Hunter letting that stupid looking Irishman be WWE WHC while Roman Reigns is the perfect person who is best for business and we end up with a Roman and Stephanie pairing...as faces

I think I came up with an idea so bad it has a good shot of being the best thing WWE Creative could come up with. Stephanie is due to be back on TV soon. So Stephanie will complain about Hunter letting that stupid looking Irishman be WWE WHC while Roman Reigns is the perfect person who is best for business and we end up with a Roman and Stephanie pairing...as faces

I just threw up in my mouth a little...because "McMahon Vs. McMahon" makes my tummy feel icky...every goddamn time...

• Like 1