DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

The only good thing about this show was the TLC commercial where they had a 16 bit beat 'em up style video game. 

Charlotte/Paige made the show worthwhile, and was at least as good as Sasha/Bayley II.   Told a great story and each of them brought the right amount of hate and ability.  An important part of this was the pre-match where Charlotte said she wanted to be a champion.  If she just fought the match like Eric Embry, that would have not been how it should have been.  She had to teach a lesson but do it the right way.   You could even see it in her facials.  Paige brought out her best out, she learned hate from outside WWE so she could.  The hate did her in, as she cared more about humiliating Charlotte than the belt, and that's what cost her at the end.  Just an all around great story to go with a good match.

Everything else was by the numbers to me, but Charlotte/Paige went above and beyond.

I don't know how it would be possible with corporate power structure and all, but Triple H and Stephanie really need to gather up shareholder votes to try and force Vince out. Any other company on earth and Vince would have been sacked by the board years ago.

Doesn't matter who's going to be WWE Champion at Wrestlemania. I bet they would keep it on Sheamus just for the following. We have to sit through the Roman Reigns redemption story. I'm not sure I can do that.

• Like 1

00AgVBP.gif

So would folks be content with Reigns winning the belt in the fashion we saw with the confetti pouring down and the show fading to black without the Sheamus cash in? It felt so underwhelming (but acceptable going forward) at that point but then Sheamus came through and yeah.. total apathy. Apathy best sums up my feelings towards the main shows in general, I don't care anymore. Sheamus should have cashed in on Ambrose after a win against Del Rio after some fuckary with Reigns earlier in the show, atleast Reigns big win doesn't best replicate a giant turd in that manner.

• Like 1

The only way they I can think of getting more heat on Sheamus would be to have him make the finals of the tourney, face Ambrose, and actually pre-empt the cash in all night.

Amrose still faces Owens, still gets the win but then gets hit with the Apron-Bomb and competes in the title match "against medical advise".

Sheamus then shit talks backstage about how "Even if Ambrose flukes a win, ill just cash in my MITB shot and win the title anyway."

Then Ambrose does indeed win after a finish that sees Sheamus beat within an inch of his life. Ambrose gives the "lunatic fringe" eyes and stares down Sheamus who looks at the briefcase for a moment then backs away to seemingly fight another day.

Confetti and pyro for 2-3 minutes and then BAM! Brogue kick, cash in, new champ.

Ambrose looks a million bucks for fighting hurt. Sheamus looks decent for making the finals but stays dirty because it took him 2 shots to win. Owens can be blamed for injuring Ambrose and Reigns can be literally anywhere else which makes him look better by default.

Ambrose wins the title back in a clusterfuck at TLC then dies at the hands of Baaaaarrrrock Lesssnaaaarr at the Rumble and Reigns can not only gun for the title but get some revenge for the buddy that Brock put in the emergency ward of Suplex City Private Hospital.

Or they go the predictable route and we end up with a PPV ending on 15 minutes of 'meh...'

• Like 2

I enjoyed Paige/Charlotte too. I had a feeling that they would water it down after the backlash though. I wanted a hate-filled brawl, which Paige showed flashes of, but this was good for what it was, spear shot aside. And the crowd was more Team Paige than Team Charlotte. They need to turn Charlotte already. lol

No love for "Chinlock City"? Also, I thought they'd done a great job of establishing Sheamus' new character as the guy who hangs around New Day but isn't cool enough to be their friend (unlike Barrett, who they like*). But then he won the belt.

* How many times did Wade corpse during that ring entrance? He couldn't keep the smile off his face.

Besides Cena being in the tournament and winning the whole thing, Sheamus cashing in to walk away with the title was the worst possible way this could've ended. And that's what they did. They didn't even build up Sheamus even just a little bit in the elimination match. It was down to 3 on 1. Why not have him fight back a bit and at least eliminate Kalisto and An Uso before finally falling to Ryback? Instead, this guy who has meant nothing and done nothing for months is now the WWE Champion, and it sucks.

I don't know how it would be possible with corporate power structure and all, but Triple H and Stephanie really need to gather up shareholder votes to try and force Vince out. Any other company on earth and Vince would have been sacked by the board years ago.

Doesn't matter who's going to be WWE Champion at Wrestlemania. I bet they would keep it on Sheamus just for the following. We have to sit through the Roman Reigns redemption story. I'm not sure I can do that.

WWE still makes profits though. WWE's shareholders are likely not knowledgeable wrestling fans. As long as Vince makes them profits, they'll be happy.

• Like 1

The only good thing about this show was the TLC commercial where they had a 16 bit beat 'em up style video game. 

Charlotte/Paige made the show worthwhile, and was at least as good as Sasha/Bayley II.  

Beg your pardon?

• Like 3

One thing that annoyed me was Cole plugging Breaking Ground at the end of the PPV. "The guy you're supposed to love just got his dream snatched from him but please stick around and watch some other talent that we'll book awfully when they get a call up". Bullshit.

"The Usows are too busy putting Hello Kitty band-aids on their boo-boos" had me rolling. The no selling of Sheamus' shtick was great. Other than that....

Will tune back in around Mania, there is no beacon of light in the fog at the moment.

I enjoyed Paige/Charlotte too. I had a feeling that they would water it down after the backlash though. I wanted a hate-filled brawl, which Paige showed flashes of, but this was good for what it was, spear shot aside. And the crowd was more Team Paige than Team Charlotte. They need to turn Charlotte already. lol

If it were me, I would have just redone the Flair/Funk feud (well as much as one can with it being PG...no trashbag's being taped around someone's head and all). Keep building the hate till we get a Charlotte/Paige I Quit match. In typical WWE fashion they went through a couple of months worth of stuff in a week. It was lame that they edited out the Reid comment from the video packages. Now that she's tapped out they have to crown a new number one contender, right?

The match wasn't bad. It just went on long and for something that should have been hate filled, I saw a comment I think on twitter that summed it up. "Yeah, I too would be chain wrestling with the person that made fun of my dead brother".