DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

I missed this show watching glorious Canadian football then eating things in celebration, and I'm not even that stoked to find a replay, but I probably will.

Seamus has been booked literally as a meaningless lower midcard fodder guy in the last month that I've been watching again, so...

It makes no sense to me because if the plan is for Reigns to get a big title win at Mania then why do it here?  We've already seen him win the big one now. Obviously Sheamus is a transitional champion but he's a guy that was doing nothing before this and nobody cares about him right now.

Either have Reigns get screwed earlier in the tournament so you can save his big win for Mania or have him win the tournament and also go over Sheamus. Then you can have Reigns as champ at Mania with Brock as the challenger. 

Paige calls out Reid's death on Raw.

WWE issues an apology.

Come SS NEITHER Diva is THAT over with the crowd and Charlotte is even BOO'D during the intros.

Once Charlotte wins the match...there is very little crowd response.

WWE shot itself in the foot and the balls with the whole Reid Flair shit. With good story telling it could have meant more, but the problem is that even if the story-telling was Oscar worthy- Charlotte isn't a likeable face. Just bad all around. The match wasn't bad, but man, everyone in that arena was in lala land.

To be fair, crowds are pretty much in Lala land for most Divas matches in these ppvs. They just haven't gotten the crowd into the women as a legit division yet.

The thing that bugged me was the video package that edited out the Reid stuff and tried to pretend the feud was over Paige insulting Ric. I hated the Reid thing but if you're gonna do it, have the balls to stand by it. Don't edit it out and think we forgot what we just saw.

Most importantly, no heel turn for Reigns or Ambrose, still best friends! Thought their match was perfect and exactly how it should've been. Sheamus was predictable but I did think they'd have Reigns go over him too. Enjoyed Reigns/Alberto, for a match that had the most obvious outcome it was real good. Glad they actually did two traditional tags even if one was the preshow. Ziggler/Breeze was completely heatless and short, not that there was much put in to that feud but quite the fall from Dolph at last year's show. Charlotte/Paige was awkward at times but not bad though nothing special. Liked the Brothers of Destruction match, enjoyed all things Taker & Kane especially putting Braun through the table, fun match. Now Reigns/Sheamus at TLC, I'd guess Owens/Ambrose over the IC, and I wish they'd do a 4 way ladder tag for the titles since they have the perfect setup with multiple contenders.

• Like 1

I think the main thing that has becoming clear right now is the WWE Creative staff doesn't have much of a clever or original bone in their body. That or Vince lost his fastball, and yes, before anyone says "He's just the best wrestling promoter ever" name one who didn't eventually lose the ability to understand what their fanbase would be interested in.

• Like 1

I remember Gregulator coming in one of the RAW threads talking about how Sheamus cashing is a good thing because he is a good worker.

Cesaro says hello.

The sad part is you could see this coming when they called for a bracket.  It was so poorly done and telegraphed.  Sheamus is going to turn around those ratings and fill the seats.

When does Lucha Underground start?

• Like 1

So if Rollins hadn't gotten injured, what would the original plan for the show have been?

Would Reigns have gone over Rollins, then still been beaten by Seamus right away?  

If so, would that bit with HHH coming out to congratulate Regins and getting speared still have happened, leading to Seamus seemingly being recruited into (or at least endorsed by) the Authority? What happens to Rollins if he were to lose the belt, does he get booted out of the Authority because he can't get the job done?

Reigns was supposed to take the belt off Rollins tonight, according to rumors.  I assume that would have accelerated the HHH-Rollins feud.  Not sure how Sheamus would have fit into those plans.

I don't even have anything against Sheamus.  Good worker, can be funny at times.  But dude is colder than a penguin's beak right now.  I know ratings are in the dumps this time of year anyway, but yeesh!

• Like 1

So with the holiday from classes I watched Takeover: Brooklyn yesterday (I'm behind on NXT) and Survivor Series tonight. I cannot believe this is the same company that did both shows. 

To paraphrase what I read earlier, I'm basically paying 9.99 a month to watch NXT or old ppvs on a whim and I'm ok with sitting through the monthly PPV now that I no longer watch Raw or Smackdown. 

• Like 1

So if Rollins hadn't gotten injured, what would the original plan for the show have been?

Would Reigns have gone over Rollins, then still been beaten by Seamus right away?  

If so, would that bit with HHH coming out to congratulate Regins and getting speared still have happened, leading to Seamus seemingly being recruited into (or at least endorsed by) the Authority? What happens to Rollins if he were to lose the belt, does he get booted out of the Authority because he can't get the job done?

Whichever ending made Seth look weaker.

Probably Sheamus getting involved and moving him and Reigns into a program.

Watch Sheamus lose to Reigns (TLC), then THE GAME decides he needs to do whats BEST FOR BUSINESS (Rumble) until BAROCK LEZNER shows up and wins (Fastlane) then we get a THREE WAY between ROMAN, BAROCK AND THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN at SPORTAINERMENTMANIA (HASHTAG)

(EDITED FOR LESS CLARITY and LESS Sheamus)

What's the PPV in March? Maybe they can just have a contract signing to headline like the shortened Raw the damn show will end up as anyway.

• Like 1

I will say HHH didn't look thrilled to be endorsing Sheamus and was more angry at Roman instead of happy with Sheamus.

Reigns/Hunter at Mania for the belt?

Well, think about it--if you're constantly harping about what's best for business, you have to know Sheamus ain't the answer.  HHH would absolutely want a guy like Reigns as corporate champ, but as he said two weeks ago--Roman has issues with morality.  He wants to win fair and square.  In other words, he doesn't know how to play 'the game'.  And HHH is determined for Reigns to come through him to become champ.

He left through the crowd, yeah, he went through the Hawks locker entrance. But, you can pretend he just left the arena outright through the stands.

You'd think by now, kayfabe-wise, that a new champion would skip the celebration and hightail it out of there, considering the way the MITB contract has been cashed in as of late.