DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

I think Ziggler's been better since the end of this Lana nonsense, but that wasn't great. What is the deal with the way New Day is booked? Are we supposed to think they're a threat or aren't we? And the ending, while boring, was probably the right thing to do. You risk permanent damage to Reigns if you make him "the next Cena" right now. 

Sheamus vs the Ladder from DDT?

That's actually more creative.

Sheamus vs. Big Show vs. Kane is the only thing I'd rather see less than Ryback vs. Sheamus.

You know there's a whole month so it's likely you'll get to see both!
Thank goodness there are other wrestling options. Imagine the awfulness of a world in which present day WWE is your only option.
  • Like 1

The three title tournament matches were fine but pretty much Raw level as far as their quality and the way they felt.

Same thing could be said for the divas match which was acceptable as far as wrestling quality goes, but didn't feel like anything special.

Ziggler/Breeze was again fine in terms or workrate, but it was pretty much just a throwaway match.

Considering Survivor Series is known for a specific match type and that they vaguely advertised one of them as being on the show while not naming the participants, they really dropped the ball.  Would it really have been that hard to announce those matches on Raw or Smackdown and at least do -something- to get people looking forward to them?  Granted the SS match on the main show ended up killing the crowd, but if the company doesn't act like the matches are a big deal then why are the fans going to care?

The Wyatt match was basically a jobber squash.  What started as a semi-decent angle that might actually make the Wyatts look good quickly went to shit over the last few weeks and this match made them look sub-Ascension in terms of threat level.  People often make the argument that even though Bray or his crew ended up losing the feud they were in, they still supposedly looked strong.  There's no way to say that here, they pretty much looked like chumps on a consistent basis.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more likely I think we're going to end up with Ryback vs. Sheamus AND Roman vs. Big Show vs. Kane in a #1 contenders match...ON THE SAME SHOW.

Sadly I think you're right. I could see them throwing Bray in the #1 contenders match.

What a dull promotion.

There's no way Sheamus makes it to Wrestlemania with the belt. I don't see him lasting past Royal Rumble with it. I mean, Cena's going to be back at some point and you know he's getting the title back eventually. 

One final quick point; I know that it's likely Sheamus is losing soon, probably at the Rumble. I should have made that clearer in my original post. I was just laughing to myself at the idea of Sheamus in the main event at WM. I am guessing we get Reigns/Cena passing of the torch or some such shit. It's odd because I like Reigns well enough as a worker, but I have no desire to see him anywhere near the main event at WM. 

This show is an example of how a cold promotion makes everything seem shittier. It even turned me off of the 'Taker stuff which I should have been programmed to love. The Cena U.S. title switch, after months of build up, was a total dud and got no one over. The Reigns win, after he'd already been cashed in on once, is ruined by one of the coldest dudes on the roster cashing in on him. Just awful. I guess they think that this is building up odds for Reigns to overcome, but he just looks like Lex Luger in 1988 or so - doofus that can't get the job done. 

I can't believe those heathen Georgia State grads in the crowd would not cheer the good ol' GT grad, Roman Reigns. For shame, you shitty Panthers!!!!

Not a bad show, but holy fuck that ending was bullshit. Almost as much bullshit as Booker calling Kevin Owens "Canada's Finest" while sitting right beside Renee Young.

Here's my list of things I did like:

Goldust returns

Regins/Del Rio was good

Sheamus trying to joke with New Day, and getting the WTF? face, but King Barrett being allowed in on the dancing.

New Day walking out with Big E because he was so "hurt"

Braun Strowman getting slammed through the table

The image of Roman defending his title, even with all the confetti still flying. Downside was who he was defending (and losing) against.

Paige calls out Reid's death on Raw.

WWE issues an apology.

Come SS NEITHER Diva is THAT over with the crowd and Charlotte is even BOO'D during the intros.

Once Charlotte wins the match...there is very little crowd response.

WWE shot itself in the foot and the balls with the whole Reid Flair shit. With good story telling it could have meant more, but the problem is that even if the story-telling was Oscar worthy- Charlotte isn't a likeable face. Just bad all around. The match wasn't bad, but man, everyone in that arena was in lala land.

• Like 1