DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series 11/22/2015 thread in case Rippa forgets.

Ryan

Thought Reigns/ADR was surprisingly fun. The near-falls were as good as they could be in a promotion where only finishers earn pinfalls. Loved ADR playing possum and then hitting the thrust kick - since he beat Cena with that kick, it actually came off as a genuine near-fall.  

I don't get this crowd. They were into loving/hating Reigns in that match until he won, when the crowd didn't do anything. Boo, cheer, anything. 

Reigns cuts awkward promos. 

Ambrose/Owens was okay. My dream of Kevin Owens, WWE Champ and Authority toady died early on tonight, sadly. 

I enjoyed that TLC commercial.

Seeing The New Day makes me think that they missed a trick - should have made Big E champ in this tournament. Then again, New Day would get cheered against Reigns assuming Reigns stays face. Woods's James Brown pompadour was amazing. LOL at Woods going "I LIVE here, and I don't even like those teams" in reference to the Falcons, Hawks, and Braves, and then "He's not bald by choice; he can't grow hair on his head" about Ryback with a complete deadpan. Fucking KILLED me. Then, Cole taking a random shot at Sheamus with the "cash in his briefcase for a new personality" out of nowhere finished me off. The multi-tope was a really cool visual, then Ryback diving on everyone capped a nice spot. They should just have New Day act like they already do except fight heels instead of faces. Can't believe they got what is essentially a black nerd internet troll gimmick over to cheers from the crowd, but they did. Match was fine. 

Doink had green hair, Lawler, you idiot, not red hair. Also, you can't have three SOLE survivors, Eden. Come the fuck on. 

Watching Charlotte vs. Paige and wishing it was Sasha vs. Becky or even Sasha vs. Nikki Bella. Match really wasn't hate-filled. If you're going to bust out a "your brother OD'd on heroin" promo, reflect it in the ring. Charlotte is female Roman Reigns as far as the adult males in the crowd are concerned, but with none of the cheers that Roman gets from the women and kids. Paige kinda no-selling that Natural Selection and just rolling out of the ring immediately made me laugh. Not the worst match ever, but disjointed and pretty bad. That weak barricade spear SUCKED. Awful. Worse than all of Ambrose's rebound crap in the Owens match. This thing went on forever.

Dolph Ziggler is the fucking worst. 

There were some pretty uninspired mean signs in the crowd. Seen: "Prince Pretty Annoying" and "Diet Owens Diet." Sub-Ziggler's standup material-level stuff.

Two hours in, this show felt like it had been on for double that amount. 

I hate to say this because I love 'Taker, but there are few guys that I have less interest in seeing wrestle in the present day. Since the Lesnar loss at WM 30, he's been a guy taking up space on some of these cards that I would rather not be there. I love watching his old stuff, but I'm hoping he's done after WM 32. 

At least I get to see Luke Harper wrestle on this show. Best worker in the company with Cesaro and Bryan sidelined. 

Crowd was into this match, but I found it dull and plodding and didn't enjoy all the tribute to 25 years of The Undertaker spots. I wish I liked it more as his "goodbye," assuming that it was. I kinda envied that the crowd was into everything. 

Roman is pretty good at this point, but Ambrose is such a terrible babyface offensive worker that this match was mostly about waiting for whatever plot twist was coming at the end (I settled on Ambrose win, Sheamus cash-in with Authority backing by the beginning of the match). Roman's offense is good, though, so the parts with him on offense were good enough. It ended kinda early, though, so I was sure Sheamus was coming out...

...and yep, it happened.  This would have been a BILLION times better if Kofi did it though. Sheamus sucks and as uninspired as Reigns as champ would have felt, Sheamus is near-Rollins levels of unwatchable. Sheamus is a four-time WWE Champ? What a devalued belt. Good gravy. 

Bland, mediocre show. Not looking forward to Reigns/Sheamus at WM. No one is filling up Texas Stadium (or whatever it's called now) with that matchup. 

I'm thinking that is not how you would want to book your "Next Cena.." 

Why not just let Roman beat Sheamus also?   Sheamus is been there, done that. He isn't even on a winning streak or anything. He's been a bum for months.

This biggest thing he's done or known for recently is "You look stupid.." 

But tonight..  WWE creative...  most definitely...   looks....  STUPID.     :lol:

So the Wyatts lose another feud, Reigns win the tournament, Ambrose has 2 meh matches in what should be his time to shine, Sheamus cashes in and meh was heard everywhere, even in the Survivor Series match anything positive fell out by forcing Sheamus into a 3 on 1 that did nothing to help the babyfaces, the womens match was pretty good but had a dead ass crowd, and Cesaro is hurt when he would actually be a logical No.1 contender right now since he beat Sheamus in the tournament.

Outside of that, everything is wonderful.

• Like 1

Sooo...Brock's gonna show up within a month and obliterate Sheamus to set up Brock/Roman II, right? Cause, I mean, they ain't runnin with the belt on Sheamus til Mania...

I think Brock takes the title at the Rumble. Reigns wins the actual Rumble match and we get a do over on last year.

Personally though I would like Reigns to win the title back at TLC, defend it at the Rumble and then watch Brock just murder half the roster in the Rumble match on his way to getting the title match at Mania.

Thought Reigns/ADR was surprisingly fun. The near-falls were as good as they could be in a promotion where only finishers earn pinfalls. Loved ADR playing possum and then hitting the thrust kick - since he beat Cena with that kick, it actually came off as a genuine near-fall.  

I don't get this crowd. They were into loving/hating Reigns in that match until he won, when the crowd didn't do anything. Boo, cheer, anything. 

Reigns cuts awkward promos. 

Ambrose/Owens was okay. My dream of Kevin Owens, WWE Champ and Authority toady died early on tonight, sadly. 

I enjoyed that TLC commercial.

Seeing The New Day makes me think that they missed a trick - should have made Big E champ in this tournament. Then again, New Day would get cheered against Reigns assuming Reigns stays face. Woods's James Brown pompadour was amazing. LOL at Woods going "I LIVE here, and I don't even like those teams" in reference to the Falcons, Hawks, and Braves, and then "He's not bald by choice; he can't grow hair on his head" about Ryback with a complete deadpan. Fucking KILLED me. Then, Cole taking a random shot at Sheamus with the "cash in his briefcase for a new personality" out of nowhere finished me off. The multi-tope was a really cool visual, then Ryback diving on everyone capped a nice spot. They should just have New Day act like they already do except fight heels instead of faces. Can't believe they got what is essentially a black nerd internet troll gimmick over to cheers from the crowd, but they did. Match was fine. 

Doink had green hair, Lawler, you idiot, not red hair. Also, you can't have three SOLE survivors, Eden. Come the fuck on. 

Watching Charlotte vs. Paige and wishing it was Sasha vs. Becky or even Sasha vs. Nikki Bella. Match really wasn't hate-filled. If you're going to bust out a "your brother OD'd on heroin" promo, reflect it in the ring. Charlotte is female Roman Reigns as far as the adult males in the crowd are concerned, but with none of the cheers that Roman gets from the women and kids. Paige kinda no-selling that Natural Selection and just rolling out of the ring immediately made me laugh. Not the worst match ever, but disjointed and pretty bad. That weak barricade spear SUCKED. Awful. Worse than all of Ambrose's rebound crap in the Owens match. This thing went on forever.

Dolph Ziggler is the fucking worst. 

There were some pretty uninspired mean signs in the crowd. Seen: "Prince Pretty Annoying" and "Diet Owens Diet." Sub-Ziggler's standup material-level stuff.

Two hours in, this show felt like it had been on for double that amount. 

I hate to say this because I love 'Taker, but there are few guys that I have less interest in seeing wrestle in the present day. Since the Lesnar loss at WM 30, he's been a guy taking up space on some of these cards that I would rather not be there. I love watching his old stuff, but I'm hoping he's done after WM 32. 

At least I get to see Luke Harper wrestle on this show. Best worker in the company with Cesaro and Bryan sidelined. 

Crowd was into this match, but I found it dull and plodding and didn't enjoy all the tribute to 25 years of The Undertaker spots. I wish I liked it more as his "goodbye," assuming that it was. I kinda envied that the crowd was into everything. 

Roman is pretty good at this point, but Ambrose is such a terrible babyface offensive worker that this match was mostly about waiting for whatever plot twist was coming at the end (I settled on Ambrose win, Sheamus cash-in with Authority backing by the beginning of the match). Roman's offense is good, though, so the parts with him on offense were good enough. It ended kinda early, though, so I was sure Sheamus was coming out...

...and yep, it happened.  This would have been a BILLION times better if Kofi did it though. Sheamus sucks and as uninspired as Reigns as champ would have felt, Sheamus is near-Rollins levels of unwatchable. Sheamus is a four-time WWE Champ? What a devalued belt. Good gravy. 

Bland, mediocre show. Not looking forward to Reigns/Sheamus at WM. No one is filling up Texas Stadium (or whatever it's called now) with that matchup. 

There's no way Sheamus makes it to Wrestlemania with the belt. I don't see him lasting past Royal Rumble with it. I mean, Cena's going to be back at some point and you know he's getting the title back eventually. 

This company is so fucking dull. They're never doing away with the heel authority figure. There's so much talent and what we're left with is Sheamus and HHH embracing at the end of the show. 

The problem with the Wyatts/BoD feud was Taker had to go over clean, so I don't think it matters that Harper took the fall against Kane and the Undertaker.

Reigns is now in position to be heel, seemingly half the fan base wants him to be. Tomorrow night all Reigns has to do is go into Hunter's office. Admit he can't do it by himself. Bring up the fact that Sheamus has held that belt before and no one has ever cared. It's best for business for someone like Reigns to be champion. Then spend the next few weeks with Sheamus and Reigns have easy matches leading into their TLC match. Sheamus can be paranoid that he's just a transitional champion while Reigns is being groomed to be the face of the WWE.

I generally enjoyed the tournament matches though Reigns should have beaten Sheamus.

Wyatts losing to BoD was disappointing though I knew it was coming with this being Taker's anniversary. I actually enjoyed the match, just wish the Wyatts won..

The problem with the Wyatts/BoD feud was Taker had to go over clean, so I don't think it matters that Harper took the fall against Kane and the Undertaker.

Reigns is now in position to be heel, seemingly half the fan base wants him to be. Tomorrow night all Reigns has to do is go into Hunter's office. Admit he can't do it by himself. Bring up the fact that Sheamus has held that belt before and no one has ever cared. It's best for business for someone like Reigns to be champion. Then spend the next few weeks with Sheamus and Reigns have easy matches leading into their TLC match. Sheamus can be paranoid that he's just a transitional champion while Reigns is being groomed to be the face of the WWE.

That sounds like the worst idea ever.

• Like 2