DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] NXT 11/19/2015 Tapings (Airs 11/25/15)

ChesterCopperpot

Well we all knew Bayley won because there were no media reports of Full Sail burning to the ground during the tapings. I too wish they held off on this match till London. The thought of WWE Corporate stacking the deck in Eva's favor because she is what they want in a Diva is a great story.

If Bayley can somehow Bayley to Belly Nia it might be the women's version of Hogan slamming Andre.

The Balor/Joe signing was the best signing ever. How the hell have they never ran with guy walks in, signs, leaves only to ambush his opponent? I don't think Joe is gonna win but man that's gonna be a fun match.

I have to say that while I liked the idea, I didn't buy in to corporate trying to stack the deck for Eva Marie. HHH is a face on NXT programming; why would he try to screw Bayley over? He's the proud papa of the organization, and the women's division in particular. 

The match itself was a great example of how to overbook a match and have it come off well. After all these epic women's championship contests, Bayley/Eva Marie was incredibly novel in that it was all smoke and mirrors ECW-style booking. 

That might have been the greatest hour of TV in the history of wrestling.   (Note: not the best hour of wrestling in TV history)

Btw, are these really the lyrics for the Samson song?

"It started with the Man.
But it wasn’t the end.
Gravity held it in his arms.
Then he lost his friends.
Then it found Redemption.
But it KO’d his heart.
Now it’s with The Demon.
A poor man’s work of art.
What we have are masqueraders.
What we need are liberators.
What it needs is what I am.

I have to say that while I liked the idea, I didn't buy in to corporate trying to stack the deck for Eva Marie. HHH is a face on NXT programming; why would he try to screw Bayley over? He's the proud papa of the organization, and the women's division in particular. 

The match itself was a great example of how to overbook a match and have it come off well. After all these epic women's championship contests, Bayley/Eva Marie was incredibly novel in that it was all smoke and mirrors ECW-style booking. 

Well I can buy that it was people over Triple H who were trying to stack the deck for Eva Marie. While he's a COO, he still technically doesn't have the corporate power his wife or father in law have. It's something that would have had to been drawn out a little more.

Fantastic episode.

Bailey/Eva... it was like NXT turned back time. The whole match and setup was so incredibly old school in all the good ways. Jax got a PPV special upgrade for her gear  (best version so far, its a keeper; just iterate from that basic design). And Eva shockingly emoted.

Plez let the "what was that" chant end up like the Peter Griffin crowd reaction; burn itself out under it's own stupidity.

I'm still amazed how much more toned Emma is since her main roster stint; she's like an SNK character (Leona or Vanessa).

And Graves was an excellent color commentator. And all the coming back/setup promos were great too :D

Well I can buy that it was people over Triple H who were trying to stack the deck for Eva Marie. While he's a COO, he still technically doesn't have the corporate power his wife or father in law have. It's something that would have had to been drawn out a little more.

It's a great way for them to go back to the well if they want to do the angle again later on; i.e. have Corporate come in with orders to guarantee Eva's success, forcing HHH to stack the deck again.

There's so many possibilities... hilariously enough, Eva's a walking plot device.

They have a lot of options coming out of this. They can have Nia Jax win the title and have Eva Marie buy it from her with all her Total Divas fuck money. OR have Eva attempt to buy it and Nia Jax say "no, fuck you, I like being champion" and squash her like a bug and eventually turn face or they could have a couple Cena/Umaga type matches with Bayley and Nia and maybe Eva isn't even involved.

I would be fine with any of those. It's amazing how the people on NXT get it. Tonight was compelling.

Wouldnt that just result in the Andre/Dibiase rule being invoked and her being stripped of the title?

The DiBiase rule was created because then-WWF President Jack Tunney had honor. WWE Corporate only cares what's best for business so they would allow Jax to hand over the belt and possibly reward her for it. So you could see Jax hand over the belt and then on Smackdown get a WWE Divas Title shot as a reward for her loyalty

Unless they edited something out, Eva hit all of her spots clean. This didn't feel like a divas match from 2006. It was booked insanely well, Eva did what she had to do and Bayley was awesome. Can't ask for more than that.

I also enjoyed Charles Robinson telling the young ref to not screw anything up. 

That might have been the greatest hour of TV in the history of wrestling.   (Note: not the best hour of wrestling in TV history)

But it wasn’t the end.

But it KO’d his heart.

Now it’s with The Demon.

That is correct, and it's also amazing, cause it's about the NXT title.

The Man: Rollins

The End: Big E (The Big Ending)

Gravity: Neville

Lost his Friends: (Bo, Zayn)

Redemption: Zayn

KO'd: Owens

Demon: Balor.

• Like 1

But it wasn’t the end.

But it KO’d his heart.

Now it’s with The Demon.

That is correct, and it's also amazing, cause it's about the NXT title.

The Man: Rollins

The End: Big E (The Big Ending)

Gravity: Neville

Lost his Friends: (Bo, Zayn)

Redemption: Zayn

KO'd: Owens

Demon: Balor.

Holy balls that's brilliant. I'd totally missed that.

I knew Elias was doing the drifter gimmick and when seeing his promo didn't want to care.  But that was freaking awesome, picked up on some of the references and you guys filled in the blanks.  Very cool.

Listening to Bryan and Vinny it sounded like there were a lot of edits regarding Eva.  It looks like it turned out fine, but I can't imagine how this was live.  I don't blame them for not doing this at Takeover.  Unless they had time to edit it there was a chance the match would have sucked due to Eva.  Let's not kid ourselves, she still fucking sucks at this wrestling thing.  Doing this now is the best thing for her.  And it setup Bayley/Nia which should be great.  I'm still feeling that this is it for Bayley's reign which sucks, but I would be curious about what they can do with Nia.  And like somebody mentioned before, her against Asuka will be a license to print money.

• Like 1

Is Dunn doing any producing work for this show?  I almost had a seizure at the 26 different jump cuts during the Finn/Joe brawl.

Other thing I noticed was announcement of a "Divas" match during Asuka's entrance. NXT Women's matches always been referred to that way and I just missed it or...?

Is Dunn doing any producing work for this show?  I almost had a seizure at the 26 different jump cuts during the Finn/Joe brawl.

Other thing I noticed was announcement of a "Divas" match during Asuka's entrance. NXT Women's matches always been referred to that way and I just missed it or...?

Well, Full Sail students are in the booths and stuff but I would assume they are being taught the WWE style of things.