DVDVR Message Board

2016 Music Festival Thread

Chaos

Have seen, and would see again (but probably not in a festival setting outside of FunFunFun):

M83, Savages, Ice Cube, CHUVRCHES, The Damned, Alvvays, Run the Jewels (they're more a "saw 'em, would see them at a fest if nothing better was against them), Deafheaven, the Vandals

Want to see (but not in a festival setting except maybe FunFunFun):

The Kills, Mavis Staples, Grimes, Sheer Mag, Lush, Ex Hex, and maybe Sia and Beach House

I've also seen/heard bits of Purity Ring, Rae Sremmurd, BADBADNOTGOOD, Edward Sharpe et al., at festivals and didn't care.

Have seen, and would see again (but probably not in a festival setting outside of FunFunFun):

M83, Savages, Ice Cube, CHUVRCHES, The Damned, Alvvays, Run the Jewels (they're more a "saw 'em, would see them at a fest if nothing better was against them), Deafheaven, the Vandals

Want to see (but not in a festival setting except maybe FunFunFun):

The Kills, Mavis Staples, Grimes, Sheer Mag, Lush, Ex Hex, and maybe Sia and Beach House

I've also seen/heard bits of Purity Ring, Rae Sremmurd, BADBADNOTGOOD, Edward Sharpe et al., at festivals and didn't care.

Edward Sharpe seems like a weird show experience post Jane too.

I saw them at Roo right before she split off from them.  "Home" that Sunday was maybe one of the few times one would get dusty at Bonnaroo.

A good chunk of that undercard will be at Bonnaroo, so I'm not too bothered. I'm just glad we aren't getting GnR or Calvin Harris. Yuck.

I'm really happy Death Grips are touring again and doing festivals this year! :D I can't wait to see them again (hopefully).

The Vandals are so far down the list that I didn't even notice them.  If I were in Cali they'd be enough to sell me a one-day ticket on their own since they don't play very often anymore.

• Like 1

Looks like Pearl Jam + The Dead & Co. w/ John Mayer + LCD Soundsystem + J. Cole + Ellie Goulding + Tame Impala is the top 6 for Bonnaroo. Justin Timberlake is supposedly going to be there as a surprise guest during Chris Stapleton's set. We'll see next Tuesday when Conan announces the lineup on his show.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Only caught a portion of that stream I mentioned earlier, but Courtney Barnett had a strong set a couple hours ago.

Ice Cube brought out MC Ren and DJ Yella just now. 

• 3 weeks later...

So Plan It X is actually going to run a fest this year, in Spencer, IN. It's mostly folk punk stuff, but Ramshackle Glory will be coming together to play an actual final show. They sort of got guilted/tricked in to it. It's an absolutely blast of a festival, and it costs $50 for the whole weekend. Feel free to message me with questions or for details.