DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

Your knowledge is wasted on being a Hornets fan.

THAT WAS AN UNDESERVED GIFT! I NEVER WANT TO HEAR YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN*!

*I have no emotional investment in the results of the 2006 NBA Finals. 

I'll admit that JET deserved the dunk last season, just for all the trash talk in 2011.  Mostly because Lebron couldn't really shut him up in 2011, thanks to Marion's D, and his own collapse.

I got no ill will toward Gilbert Arenas getting paid.  Owners usually have the power in these situations, and if a team is willing to give you a bunch of money for a long term contract: take it.

I don't know who his agent was at the time of the contract, but I hope Gilbert still sends him a birthday card. 

Arenas and Rashard Lewis need not complain about too much ever again.  Dudes' grandchildren will be provided for thanks to those insane contracts.

Hopefully, as quite a few NBA players ahve gone broke on that much money. . .

Arenas and Rashard Lewis need not complain about too much ever again.  Dudes' grandchildren will be provided for thanks to those insane contracts.

Hopefully, as quite a few NBA players ahve gone broke on that much money. . .

True.  I still don't understand how Antoine Walker and Allen Iverson blew through all their money.  On second thought--I do know, and that's even scarier.

Yeah Iverson was well known for having a helicopter pick up him and his friends to fly them to Atlantic City after games. That and huge spending sprees at TGI Fridays of all places.

Isn't there also a story out there Jalen Rose possible that AI wouldn't travel with out lugged and on road trips would send one of his boys out to buy him clothes at each stop.

Isn't there also a story out there Jalen Rose possible that AI wouldn't travel with out lugged and on road trips would send one of his boys out to buy him clothes at each stop.

Yeah he would end buying his entourage clothes as well. You know those MTV cribs and Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous type shows? The local sports channel here ran one of those but it was going through all the stuff of one of Iverson's friends. So strange seeing someone talking about their allowance from Iverson.

Heat/Bulls in Miami on opening day!  The Heat ring ceremony and the Rose return will surely make this one extra chippy.   I'm setting the over/under at 4 total techs, 5 if Joey Crawford is working.