DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

My favorite part of those playoffs was Charles Barkley killing my hopes for a Cavs title when he (rightly) brought up, "Who on this Cavs team is going to guard Hedo and Rashard?"  Then I just stared at the ceiling for a while afterward, and realized he was completely right.

• Like 1

I was at the Mavs/Bobcats game tonight.  It was my first NBA game.  If you've never been to one, you owe it to yourself.  Such a fun experience, and it turned my non-basketball fan friend into a fan.  She was googling Gal Mekel during the game thanks to the Israeli guys sitting in front of us lol.  Dirk didn't play, which was disappointing, but Carter, Calderon and Marion all looked fantastic.  Monta had a bad offensive game, but was awesome on D with 5 steals.

Fab Melo and Ranaldo Balkman looked shockingly good for guys fighting for a contract.  Fab hit a fadeaway jumper that actually made Dirk stand up in appreciation.  I got to meet the Bobcats dancers.  These girls are definitely blessed in the booty department.

The Bobcats inexplicably left Kemba, Henderson and MKG in the game till the end, even though it was a double digit lead for Dallas.

My not so bold prediction for 2013:  The Miami Heat will look lethargic and disinterested at times this year, they will fall short of 60 wins, will not have home court in the ECF and Finals...  And will win the title anyway.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment.  I don't think Wade is really going to show up until the playoffs, and even then, he will come and go.  I'm expecting Bosh to become the second option over the season.  I don't think their supporting cast is nearly as good as last year.  I'm thinking Indiana takes the 1 seed this year.  I honestly think they have a great chance of taking the Heat down, too.  They are loaded for bear.

I'm not trying to make any bold Finals predictions, but I would bet just about everything I own on my Bulls winning the Central.  Thibs might drive them right into the ground doing it, but still.

Super competitive division by the way.  I could see 4 of the 8 Eastern Conference playoff spots going to the Central this year.

If Rose is close to what he was pre-injury, I think the Bulls may have the best record in the East. A lineup of Rose - Butler - Deng - Gibson - Noah will terrorize people on defense. They're still not very deep, though, so who knows how they'll hold up through the playoffs.

LOL.  I think quite a few people have simply forgotten how large the talent gap is between D Rose and ANY PACER.

You could say the same about Lebron vs Pacers, and we saw what happened.  I dare say the Heat last year were deeper than the Bulls are this year.

"You have six NBA players and then you have a bunch of guys who are fighting for spots." Our 2013-2014 Philadelphia 76ers!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/nba-philadelphia-76ers-coach-tanking/

I'm surprised he answered that honestly. A good sign I suppose. I've managed to watch most of the preseason games so it looks like I will indeed suffer through it. I still can't believe that mess last week losing 58-28 at the half to Charlotte. Philly sports in general at the moment can be summed up pretty easily. Chip Kelly is the longest tenured coach.