DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

I hope something heavy falls on your pinky toe.

An equipment trunk was dropped on my pinky toe while I was working the Chiefs/Packers pre-season game - close enough? I totally no-sold it though. I ALMOST DIDN'T GET TO WORK OUT THAT WEEKEND!

And bad news for all Sixers fans, as if you weren't already bracing for it... TeamWork Online has multiple posting for low-level coaching positions (the entire Video department appears to be vacant), including this one that caught my eye: Player Development Staff

The Philadelphia 76ers are looking to add a talented new member to the team.  This person will work intimately with the coaching staff and front office.  The candidate should have experience helping players improve.  Physical ability to assist during practice is required.  A background in coaching is desirable as is experience working with collegiate or professional players.  We are looking for strong communicators with a passion for teaching.

In addition, the 76ers are currently interested in candidates for a variety of positions including those interested in and/or experienced with player development, video, statistics, and programming.  Both full-time and intern positions are available.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. YES/NO Do you have experience coaching at the collegiate or professional level?

2. YES/NO Do you have the physical capability to assist during basketball practices?

3. Please list your salary requirements to be considered for position.

Hey - have you ever coached before? No? Well, that's not really a big deal because it looks like you're in shape. Do you know how to teach? Well, yeah, I guess that's *kind* of a teaching role. Do you own any suits? Just the one, huh? Okay, well do you want a coaching job anyway? It's probably only going to be for a year. Maybe three.

So we're doing fantasy this year, yes?  I need to redeem myself from last year's injury plagued season.

Last season didn't happen.
Sure it did! *Polishes imaginary trophy.*

Is that the King Nerd Of Basketball trophy?

Loooolllzzzzzzzzz

So we're doing fantasy this year, yes?  I need to redeem myself from last year's injury plagued season.

Loooolllzzzzzzzzz

Hence imaginary! I wouldn't be too worried, though; I doubt I could somehow get Kobe and Kyrie with my first two picks again this season.  

Loooolllzzzzzzzzz

Hence imaginary! I wouldn't be too worried, though; I doubt I could somehow get Kobe and Kyrie with my first two picks again this season.  

So, you polish your imaginary Knob because you don't have a real one?

Loooolllzzzzzzzzz

So, you polish your imaginary Knob because you don't have a real one?

Well, it appears I did not see the bolding of the post. Wow.  

Loooolllzzzzzzzzz

Actually I think that's very possible. . . do you really want Kobe for half a season though?

ESPN is doing their top 500 player rankings again.  One thing that stood out to me was Peyton Siva already being considered better than Hamed Haddadi.  I guess it makes sense in that Haddadi isn't on a NBA team right now and Siva is, but Haddadi is fresh off winning MVP at the FIBA Asia tournament.  He hasn't played much in the NBA, but per 36 minutes has averaged almost 13 rebounds and 3 blocks.