DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

It's because they like crowds to actually be there at both the start and the end of the game for these things.

70% of All-Star attendees are corporate types, celebrities wanting to party and be seen, and a few kids who are contest winners.  I doubt these people would be tardy to the party.

It's because they like crowds to actually be there at both the start and the end of the game for these things.

70% of All-Star attendees are corporate types, celebrities wanting to party and be seen, and a few kids who are contest winners.  I doubt these people would be tardy to the party.

They were for this year in Houston. In fact, I don't think they "Sold out" the Slam Dunk Contest, or All Star Game.

The 2015 All-Star Game is apparently going to be in Brooklyn AND Manhattan. Brooklyn will get the Celebrity game on Friday and the Dunk-off, etc. on Saturday, and MSG will get the actual game on Sunday. (They may or may not flip it the other way in 2018.)

...And somehow Miami still hasn't hosted one yet.
They have. It's just been 22 years. The night of the slam dunk contest was the same night Buster Douglas KOed Mike Tyson.
  • Like 1

There's some sort of obvious joke there about Khloe Kardashian's ass and crack.

Three years of watching 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' and all of the two-sibling spin-off shows finally pays off!

http://youtu.be/7pDiLbsvGUQ

Cliffs:

Lamar's dad is a drug addict and was never really a part of his life. 

Why Derrick?! Tell me my sweet Rose, why must I suffer these indignities? 

Some days I wonder if I have chosen the righteous path, but my heart tells me my convictions will be rewarded with at least another trip to Eastern Conference Finals.

The first tenant of Rose-ism, is to temper your high expectations by valuing smaller victories. Such as making it to the ECF or beating the Heat during only season games. It's kind of like Hindu asceticism but not as extreme.

The first tenant of Rose-ism, is to temper your high expectations by valuing smaller victories. Such as making it to the ECF or beating the Heat during only season games. It's kind of like Hindu asceticism but not as extreme.

Maybe I need to tell you about  the joys of beating the Heat in the playoffs :)

Because we both already know about the suffering that comes later :/