DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

I need RandomAct to admit that he made this video during a drunken fit.  :lol:

I can't be proud of everything I've done in life lol

I'm still surprised that "Global domination" didn't work on Dwight.

He's slowly working on that behind the scenes, as he's at child #8 with partner #8 - if the unsubstantiated rumors are true.

Rumors which I, totally, choose to believe wholeheartedly.

• Like 2

Not really defnding Shabbaz here, but he got in trouble for bringing a girl to his room. There is basically nothing on earth that will convince me that he was the only 18-22 year old future millionaire that decided to bring a girl in to his room. At least he didn't break any laws, like some previous people have.

I'm starting to believe the Mavericks 2011 Championship is cursed.

Dallas, Texas police are alleging Erbie "E-Luv" Bowser, a former dancer on the Dallas Mavericks' all-fat-male Maniaacs dance team, went on a killing spree last night, in which he killed four people and injured others using guns and a grenade.

According to the Dallas Observer, the rampage started around 10:30 last night. Bowser walked into his ex-girlfriend's apartment in Dallas and opened fire on four people, killing two and injuring a couple more. He then drove to his ex-wife's house in nearby DeSoto, Texas. Here, he threw a grenade in the house, and when it detonated, entered after it. Bowser shot until he was out of ammo. When he stopped, he'd murdered two and wounded two more.

Police arrived quickly on the scene. WFAA reports that when cops entered the home, Bowser pretended to be one of the victims until authorities realized he didn't have a scratch on him and detained him. That's when the dancer revealed he once served in the Army.

In addition to volunteering with the Mavs Maniaacs, Bowser was also a special education teacher from 2001 to 2010, before resigning.

http://deadspin.com/former-dallas-mavericks-dancer-allegedly-kills-four-in-1066186588

Not really defnding Shabbaz here, but he got in trouble for bringing a girl to his room. There is basically nothing on earth that will convince me that he was the only 18-22 year old future millionaire that decided to bring a girl in to his room. At least he didn't break any laws, like some previous people have.

The rule required all visitors to be approved, not just girls.  That he did this just hours after players were informed of the rules suggests that maybe he'll be a problem for coaches who believe in discipline.

Lebron's dad.

You whiffed. The UNBREAKABLE analogy for LeBron/Oden was right there and you blew it like Mark Cuban losing out on free agents.

You will receive no amnesty during the Mark Cuban Missile Crisis.

Also, WTF!!!  A GRENADE?!

I was at a sports-themed restaurant yesterday, and while I couldn't hear the story I did manage to read the beautiful tagline of: Dwight Howard is embarassed in Twitter argument with fan.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/dwight-howard-twitter-burn/

Dwight Howard's complete and TOTAL inability to quit engaging people online is the gift that absolutely refuses to stop giving.

I know it's easy to jump on Howard, but that woman was pretty much asking for it.  A Lakers fan writes Dwight, he responds reasonably well.  She chimes in, Howard tells her off, and she automatically goes for the obvious gonad-punch.  Am I supposed to give her a prize for something a 3-year-old could have came up with?  And keep in mind nothing would have happened if she hadn't initiated it.

That's not to give Howard a pass here.  He was childish, too.  But he wasn't looking for trouble here.  He should have told her God bless and moved on, because it's obvious that she was looking for 10 seconds of fame.  Let's hope she gets rich from it.

A bit OT, but you've got 'fans' telling athletes that they should tear ACLs, break legs, or die.  And then they wonder when the athletes refuse to sign autographs or respond to them in public.  Twitter is supposed to give more access.  Ultimately, it's going to make the distance between the two groups larger.

She made a minor swipe at him never winning a ring (he hears much worse than that at every Away game) and he responded by calling her ugly.

I know you're around a lot of men on here, all day, but in the real world that's not something most women respond positively to.

• Like 3

Last I checked, I live in the real world.  And my response to most stuff is "Will there be snacks after this?"

It's just my quirk.  I'm still part of the real world, though.  Not sure what impression I gave that makes you think otherwise.

My point is that Twitter makes some of these nuts really bold.  Which we all know.  I doubt she would have said it to his face, and vice versa.

Why wouldn't she have said it to his face? I've seen fans say far worse to players.. it happens all the time. Ever been to Philly?

I don't travel much, so no.  Not sure what my going/not going to Philly as to do with my general premise, though.

Most fans just don't say that sort of thing to an athlete's face.  Like most people don't insult others directly--they do it behind their backs.  That's not the case with all fans--Philly fans don't care, as you said. But for every fan who would say it directly, there are three who don't or wouldn't.  Just like life in general.

Why wouldn't she have said it to his face? I've seen fans say far worse to players.. it happens all the time. Ever been to Philly?

I don't travel much, so no.  Not sure what my going/not going to Philly as to do with my general premise, though.

Most fans just don't say that sort of thing to an athlete's face.

This is a true statement if by "most fans" you mean a majority, as in greater than 50%. This notion you seem to have that those who would are this rare breed, possibly unheard of outside the jungles of Philadelphia, is quaint but not particularly accurate.

• Like 3

Most fans just don't say that sort of thing to an athlete's face.

This is a true statement if by "most fans" you mean a majority, as in greater than 50%. This notion you seem to have that those who would are this rare breed, possibly unheard of outside the jungles of Philadelphia, is quaint but not particularly accurate.

I am many things, but quaint isn't one of them. I should be insulted, but it's not worth the time.

And you're jumping to a lot of conclusions with my statement.

But carry on.

This is a stupid thing to argue, but the point everyone is trying to make to you is that Dwight hears worse every day.  On twitter, face to face, on ESPN etc etc. Price of fame and all that jazz. That he actually responded to this girl and called her ugly is way more childish.  You have been moving the goalposts, but your initial thought was that Dwight was in the right. He wasn't. He took the conversation from sports to personal.

+ her comeback was pretty good!