DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

Hm..  I honestly don't know how too feel about this deal for Detroit.

Of course, I kept hoping for a Monroe/Knight/whatever for Rondo deal...

From what I've read, being willing to give up Monroe seems like an atypical attitude for a Pistons fan.

He's a really good low post scorer, and a decent rebounder, but he's a terrible team defender, can't help on pick and rolls at all, and it's really hard to see where they get spacing with him, Drummond, and Smith on the court, whereas Andre and Smith could be a scary athletic big man duo.  Assuming Drummond improves on his unfuckingbelievably bad free-throw shooting.

Plus...  I mean, Rondo.

Greg Oden is indeed bringing his frail, fragile, and badly damaged talents to South Beach for next season. God if he can stay remotely healthy this could be a huge signing. Granted, that's a huge "if" but I'm cautiously optimistic.

My favorite part is when they show Rick Carlisle and it says "embracing new ideas" and then immediately cuts to Dwight seemingly shooting a jumper. I am pretty positive that none of Rick's new ideas would have involved Dwight shooting from more than five feet away. 

• Like 1

I'm a fairly big Howard apologist (as a player) but "Becomes the most dominant center of all-time" is the most far-fetched idea ever.

Yeah maybe they coulda shot for a bit more realism here, like "Becomes possibly the most dominant center in Dallas history although you could still make an argument for James Donaldson"