DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK ELEVEN

Gonzo

Man, this season has done something I thought would be impossible just about 9 months ago.. made me feel sorry for the Ravens. Sure, they won today, but losing Flacco and Forsett for the year is a definition of "winning" that's only slightly better then Charlie Sheen's definition this week.

• Like 1

WINNING STREAK MOTHERFUCKERS.

Fuck yo' Raiders

I hate you.

Now all I have to live for is UCLA's inevitable loss to Kevin Hogan and the Stanford Trees after we beat USC. Oakland's done. Next year, though.

Way to go, Vikings. Could have completely put a knife in this division tonight, and you can't even be bothered to show up.

Damn it.

Haw haw. We'll see you in a few weeks at Lambeau after we both find a way to lose every game until then.

Serious and honest question: wasn't there a rule at one time that it was a penalty to give balls to fans? Or am I just totally misremembering?

I think it's a fine.

I remember Terrell Owens got fined for throwing a ball to a fan, but I was under the impression that it was the autograph he put on it that got him the fine.

Players can HAND a ball to a fan no problem

They can't THROW the ball - then they get fined (since it falls into the "thrown object" category - the logic being a "thrown" ball could lead to a fight in the stands)

There is some talk that the NFL does charge the cost of the ball (something like $500 since the balls are special and take forever to make) but I am pretty sure the team just absorbs that cost.

Players can HAND a ball to a fan no problem

They can't THROW the ball - then they get fined (since it falls into the "thrown object" category - the logic being a "thrown" ball could lead to a fight in the stands)

There is some talk that the NFL does charge the cost of the ball (something like $500 since the balls are special and take forever to make) but I am pretty sure the team just absorbs that cost.

Twitter's search function sucks ass, but either the official Panthers feed or the trash talking Panthers feed said Cam was covering the cost of the balls. How ghetto can he be? (cough sorry not sorry cough)

WINNING STREAK MOTHERFUCKERS.

Fuck yo' Raiders

Oh, Brian.  Why do you have to bring the hate?  Why?

Oh well, if all goes well, the Raiders can still go 5-11 or 6-10 this year.  If you told me in August that was going to be the case, I'd be all over it.