DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK ELEVEN

Gonzo

I got bored and I was looking at the rest of the Sunday night games and I realized there is a better than 50/50 shot that the Panthers/Giants could get flexed into Sunday Night on Week 15 (the current game is Cincy at San Fran)

God - they really want to ruin my Christmas right on the first day of vacation

If it makes you feel any better, they've likely clinched homefield by then so you might be getting 2008 All Pro QB Derek Anderson and the rest of the Panthers B-team. 

I'm assuming the Panthers B-team features dudes picked out of the crowd that look mildly athletic to play wide receiver.

I got bored and I was looking at the rest of the Sunday night games and I realized there is a better than 50/50 shot that the Panthers/Giants could get flexed into Sunday Night on Week 15 (the current game is Cincy at San Fran)

God - they really want to ruin my Christmas right on the first day of vacation

If it makes you feel any better, they've likely clinched homefield by then so you might be getting 2008 All Pro QB Derek Anderson and the rest of the Panthers B-team. 

I'm assuming the Panthers B-team features dudes picked out of the crowd that look mildly athletic to play wide receiver.

No way, Ricky Proehl will be out there.

40-something, not in game shape, still better hands than anyone on the team not named G-Reg.

No - only two more Thursday games

Nov. 26: Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys
Dec. 17: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at St. Louis Rams

And the Cowboys one was revealed and basically looks exactly like their normal uniform. I guess the difference is they will be wearing white pants

12219363_10207400567788023_2393047660076

This is doubly hilarious to me because Blake Bortles went into the locker room during the game because of dehydration

Am I the only one dubious of anyone who has to be treated for dehydration?  Drink a glass of water, you'll be OK.  Seriously, how long did he go without drinking water?  An hour?  Two hours? Six hours?  He should still be OK.  Unless you are sick, you should be almost immune from dehydration unless you are just not drinking any water.  He's a professional athlete, he should be drinking water.

12219363_10207400567788023_2393047660076

This is doubly hilarious to me because Blake Bortles went into the locker room during the game because of dehydration

Am I the only one dubious of anyone who has to be treated for dehydration?  Drink a glass of water, you'll be OK.  Seriously, how long did he go without drinking water?  An hour?  Two hours? Six hours?  He should still be OK.  Unless you are sick, you should be almost immune from dehydration unless you are just not drinking any water.  He's a professional athlete, he should be drinking water.

If he's sick I could see it. Or he had a small bout of diarrhea. Sometimes poop happens and when it happens you need to take care of it. 

I like that epwar seemingly left us and supremebve was like, "Who left this tin foil hat? Guess I'll wear it!"

You get a free bowl of soup with a hat like that.

Look man, if you want to go through life with your eyes closed, you go ahead and keep them closed.  I have my eyes wide open, and I see everything that is going on.  If a quarterback is dehydrated he is obiously a reptilian invader coming to take football from us humans.  I'm just taking the truth out of the dark and into the light.

• Like 2

I talk about it all the time, but Christ that 2008 Derek Aversion season is weird.

He was legitimately a borderline MVP candidate. Then... Nothing.

It was 2007, which was a glorious season in which the combo of Anderson and Braylon Edwards earned me my only fantasy football title.

I like that epwar seemingly left us and supremebve was like, "Who left this tin foil hat? Guess I'll wear it!"

You get a free bowl of soup with a hat like that.

Look man, if you want to go through life with your eyes closed, you go ahead and keep them closed. I have my eyes wide open, and I see everything that is going on. If a quarterback is dehydrated he is obiously a reptilian invader coming to take football from us humans. I'm just taking the truth out of the dark and into the light.
Keeping up the legacy of Roddy Piper. Well done.

Jaromir Jagr admitted on Halloween his is actually an alien wearing a human mask when he plays hockey come on guys it's not like we don't all know they're here and they're watching us.

Peyton Manning's human disguise is wearing thinner as he ages too. The shape of his head is a clear giveaway.

• Like 2

Dave Birkett @davebirkett

New Lions president Rod Wood: "I would probably say that Im not qualified to run any other NFL team but I think I'm qualified to run this 1"

Oh yeah... that's the good stuff

• Like 2

Heading down to Minny for the game this weekend. Seats are pretty decent too, end zone, 5 or 6 rows back. The game's pretty exciting, but I think I'm mostly interested in the dinner reservation at Butcher & The Boar. Gimme all dat sausage.

Dave Birkett @davebirkett

New Lions president Rod Wood: "I would probably say that Im not qualified to run any other NFL team but I think I'm qualified to run this 1"

Oh yeah... that's the good stuff

It's also a half-quote that eliminates all the context and explanation that followed.