DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 12

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, that was 2010. I always rooted for non-BCS teams to make it to the National Title. That one was a particularly disappointing loss to watch. Oh how the kicking game can kill you.

2010 wasn't all bad though because that was the beginning of my South Carolina Gamecocks winning a lot including the East Division. Those days seem so long ago...

Yeah, that was 2010. I always rooted for non-BCS teams to make it to the National Title. That one was a particularly disappointing loss to watch. Oh how the kicking game can kill you.

I still don't know how the Boise kicker missed both those kicks vs Nevada. From the live angle, I thought he made the first one he "missed" at which point I thought the NCAA were out to screw Boise. 

Boise vs. Cammy Cam would've been hilarious.

Cam would have been hard to beat for sure. God I hated the 2010 Auburn team. SC played them TWICE. The first one was early in the year and really close. I think Cam, McCaleb, and Dyer all had 80 yards rushing or more. Something crazy like that. Then the embarrassing hail mary at the end of the half in the title game....

I still don't know how the Boise kicker missed both those kicks vs Nevada. From the live angle, I thought he made the first one he "missed" at which point I thought the NCAA were out to screw Boise.

They were playing in Nevada...

TCU with Andy Dalton went 13-0 and won the Rose Bowl. They received some first place votes in the final AP poll.  Utah received 16 first place votes in the final AP the year they beat Alabama.

I remember. Didn't Wittingham get shit for voting Utah one in the Coaches poll at the end of the year?

I think they should expand it to 64 teams like the basketball tournament even with only 1/3 as many teams to choose from. Imagine the pointless blowouts you'd see and an extra 7 games to win the title, you'd have people ready to die on the field by the time they got to the finals.

Well, of that six, we know Iowa and Ohio potentially will have an essentially quarterfinal game of they win out.

But there's still a real risk of the winner of Bedlam (assuming they both win next week) getting passed over.

Florida beat a terrible Vandy team by 2 points, and that didn't drop them. The people in "charge" of this process use whatever convenient excuse they want to keep teams they don't want in the final four out.

Michigan, who needed Minnesota to gift them a game to stay at 2 losses, is 6 spots ahead of a team who comfortably beat Minnesota, has one loss, and plays in a power conference? C'mon man, and I say that as someone who would cheer for Michigan well before I would cheer for TCU. Shit, Michigan shouldn't be ahead of Utah.

Navy over TCU is ridiculous too.

• Like 1

Damn me for going to the gym on Tuesday evenings.

RANKINGZ~

IF the National Championship Tournament were held today!

#1 tiger-jumping-o.gif

VERSUS

#4 boondock-saints-o.gif

AND

#2 3-alabama-fight-2012-13-bowl-season-gifs

VERSUS

#3 AG7nNkufCSb6g.gif

FIRST TWO OUT:

#5 xTzmERXci1MPe.gif

#6 tumblr_nuavgeMfqz1tb16fvo1_540.gif

Florida beat a terrible Vandy team by 2 points, and that didn't drop them. The people in "charge" of this process use whatever convenient excuse they want to keep teams they don't want in the final four out.

Michigan, who needed Minnesota to gift them a game to stay at 2 losses, is 6 spots ahead of a team who comfortably beat Minnesota, has one loss, and plays in a power conference? C'mon man, and I say that as someone who would cheer for Michigan well before I would cheer for TCU. Shit, Michigan shouldn't be ahead of Utah.

Navy over TCU is ridiculous too.

Michigan shouldn't be #12. They needed a miracle against Minnesota, double OT against Indiana, and have 2 losses. And they definitely shouldn't be ahead of Utah since they lost to the Utes, even if I think Michigan would win a rematch.

Doesn't matter though - #12 with 2 losses might as well be #73 since only the top 4 matter.

I would love for Michigan to win out and keep Ohio and Iowa both out of the CFP. Having said that, I would love for Iowa to to get in and leave them stuck with Kirk Ferentz for another decade.

I can't disagree about Florida struggling with Vandy but really their resume up to this point is not a whole lot different than Alabama. The Tide lost at home to Ole Miss and they beat LSU. Florida lost to LSU but killed Ole Miss. Both killed Georgia.  The Tide has the season opener win against the Badgers that is starting to look like a solid win so no issue with them being ranked ahead of the Gators but if you're going to have Bama in the top 4 then Florida has to be pretty close to it.

Florida isn't going to win out anyway so none of this will mean anything.

You people are massively underselling how bad Kansas is. Vanderbilt has four more wins than Kansas. Neutral field, the Commodores would beat the Jayhawks by four touchdowns.

You struggle with Kansas, you don't belong in the top twenty five.