DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 12

Dolfan in NYC

Saw a rumor on the Twittah machine that Ohio State may fall out of the top 4 on Tuesday because they haven't beaten anyone worth a shit. Doubt it's true at all, but if it did happen, Joey Galloway's tears would be like the nectar of the gods.

If ND wins out, which is a big if because Boston College loves to play the spoiler for ND's potential National Championship seasons and they have to beat Stanford at Stanford, and Clemson loses one of their last games, I don't see ND staying in the top 4. A Clemson loss leading to two teams getting bumped out of the top 4 would be really interesting this late in the season.

I obviously hope that doesn't happen, but I have a bad feeling about this matchup with Boston College.

Clemson better watch out for North Carolina. Fourth Year Fedora is in full effect.

A lot of similarities between this North Carolina team and the 2011 Southern Miss team that upset the last Sumlin/Keenum Houston team that everyone had penciled in for a BCS bowl in the CUSA title game.

It doesn't matter. They beat 9-1 MSU, potentially 9-2 Michigan, and potentially 12-0 Iowa the last three games, they are going.

If they look good doing it, they are going to be the #1 or #2 seed.

Well, yeah. My main point was I just wanted to see whiny Galloway being mad on TV. /shrugs

If Iowa, Oklahoma St. and Clemson are all undefeated does the committee leave one out or do they bump Notre Dame? I can't see them ever bumping Notre Dame but man how can you leave out one of them? Obviously Clemson wouldn't get bumped. And obviously the SEC champion is going.

Undefeated Iowa is a lock for the CFP.

If Iowa, Oklahoma St. and Clemson are all undefeated does the committee leave one out or do they bump Notre Dame?  I can't see them ever bumping Notre Dame but man how can you leave out one of them?  Obviously Clemson wouldn't get bumped. And obviously the SEC champion is going.

If FSU beats Florida and the Gators win the SEC title game, do you think they go?

With two losses? That's a tough ask, barring chaos. It would also give Bama a second L, and might eliminate the whole damn conference.

I'm in favor of it. And of Baylor beating Okie State, and then losing to TCU while the Cowboys beat Oklahoma. And Stanford over ND. Maybe UNC or SC dropping Clemson.

With two losses? That's a tough ask, barring chaos. It would also give Bama a second L, and might eliminate the whole damn conference.

I'm in favor of it. And of Baylor beating Okie State, and then losing to TCU while the Cowboys beat Oklahoma. And Stanford over ND. Maybe UNC or SC dropping Clemson.

Amen. More skulls for the skull throne.

If Iowa, Oklahoma St. and Clemson are all undefeated does the committee leave one out or do they bump Notre Dame? I can't see them ever bumping Notre Dame but man how can you leave out one of them? Obviously Clemson wouldn't get bumped. And obviously the SEC champion is going.

So if Iowa, Clemson, Oklahoma St., Alabama and Notre Dame all win out who do you think sits out?  Notre Dame or Okie?

So if Iowa, Clemson, Oklahoma St., Alabama and Notre Dame all win out who do you think sits out?  Notre Dame or Okie?

If Okie State manages to take out TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma, I don't see how ND stays in front of them. I'm sure ESPN would prefer Notre Dame, but I just don't know how an undefeated major conference champ misses out because of a one-loss team.

Does an undefeated Houston team have a hope in hell of cracking the top four?

If Okie State manages to take out TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma, I don't see how ND stays in front of them. I'm sure ESPN would prefer Notre Dame, but I just don't know how an undefeated major conference champ misses out because of a one-loss team.

Only if a lot of teams lose.

If Houston would have smacked around Memphis and then smack around Navy they could have made a little noise but top 4 would have been very unlikely. Houston doesn't have the same credibility right now that a Boise St. had so they ended up starting from way back in the 20s instead of being given the benefit of the doubt.

Memphis and Temple had better shots because of the Ole Miss and Notre Dame games.

Houston just doesn't have a signature win like Memphis did and Temple almost got.

Barring something batshit crazy (like everybody losing, I mean everybody, some twice) I don't think they have a chance.

Short answer: no. Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

• Like 1

I think it was the 2010 season Boise St. was ranked #3 in the AP headed into a late November game @ Nevada who was also ranked. If Boise wins that game they probably would have played for the national title. But they lost something like 34-31 

Coming from a small conference you have to have a reputation and be perfect and probably a big win over a ranked team.