DVDVR Message Board

2016 MLB Hall of Fame Thread

Joe Lucia

The converse to that argument is:

He may have managed differently on games he bet on them to win: ie, used a tired closer to secure a win and made him unavailable later, etc.

My feeling is: Rose is honored in the hall for his achievements, so if he not actually inducted into the hall, thats fine by me. Not like he is whitewashed from exhibits.

Except then you have to question the care a manager had to the health of his pitching staff if he absolutely needed to cover a bet by winning by a certain amount of runs.

I wonder whether the commissioners office has been trolling Pete with the supposed conditions for reinstatement, knowing he could never in a million years pull himself together enough to meet them. But perhaps I'm too cynical. . . LOL  

Looking at an ESPN voters' poll, its no guarantee that Rose would even be elected if eligible. Considering how much evidence there is against him, compared with say Bonds or Clemens, the writers might not elect him even if they could. Joe Jackson was eligible a long time too and he never got a sniff either. . . .

• 4 weeks later...

Please don't misread the tracker - just because a player is over 75% on the public ballots doesn't mean they're getting in. Their totals are always lower on the ballots that haven't been revealed. It'll just be Griffey and Piazza this year. No way Bagwell and Raines get enough support from the ~60% or whatever of ballots not out yet to get in

If Piazza doesn't get in I am going to form a militia of Mets fans, storm the HOF and occupy it until he is put it.

How dark is your complexion?  If it is darker than Piazza's I'm going to advise you stay at home.

• Like 6

Jonah would have a lot more media appearances tonight than the few he mentioned if he thought Raines was getting in today.

I mean, he's not getting in today. It would take an unprecedented jump from the unnamed voters.

Next year will be the year. Raines and possibly Vlad? Poor, poor Jonah's sanity...