DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

There is an entrance, just circle around the buildings exploring all the nooks and crannies. I went left/north east i guess of the radio tower..ran into some super mutants and tested my new scope for my sniper rifle. Dont be a jackass like me and run straight to sell your goods as you will miss something cool happening when you first enter, just let that play out.

Alright, who's the evil bastard that added in the shit where you can scrap all the garbage laying around?  I'm spending a half hour cleaning up my piddly ass town and I know it means nothing.  Insidious shit.  Then you get this insane pistol from a legendary radroach that has unlimited ammo capacity. Then, you put a ton of mods on it that turns it into a sniper rifle with a huge bayonet on the front. I need to go to bed.

I'd say the only thing I don't like is how you have to hold down F to throw a grenade.  Why not just press G?  I do like how the bash works with a gun so you can take out fools when you rush up to them.

I spent forever doing urban renewal on Sanctuary last night.  Tore down all the ruined houses.  Got rid of the old cars, tires, dead trees, etc.  I think I have enough wood and metal to build just about anything after all that.

I am going to end up choosing sarcastic every single time it is an option aren't I?

Yeah, I'm totally sure you'd be sarcastic.

I got "encourage violence" as a dialog option last night.  No way I could turn that down.

I didn't choose that, I talked them out of violence...and then threw a grenade at them bitches.

• Like 1

The dialogue options actually bum me out. They feel too streamlined, and not in a novel Alpha Protocol-type way where you're really more focused on how you say something than what you say.

Also, I don't think that you can do an idiot character like in the other games that only speaks in grunts and the occasional word. Part of this is the voice acting for the main character, which probably wasn't the best idea. 

The last two games didn't have dumb dummy character options and didn't have voice acting

New Vegas does, IIRC. 

FO4 is still great, though. Just a minor criticism about it. 

I'm sticking with Dogmeat for now. Valentine is cool and all but how Dogmeat incapacitates enemies is perfect for melee attacks.

Idiot savant has to be one of the most OP perks in Fallout history. I had it kick in when gaining XP for a mission - 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x, 5x WCW champion the XP and gained me a level right there. 

So my friend had talked me into getting Fallout 4 as he was waiting at Gamestop for the 11:01 release. I had just bought a PS4 earlier in the night (Target had it $2.50 cheaper than black friday deals, so fuck waiting in line) so I got it for that. Been having some good fun with it, jumping deep in, as I have *never* played a Fallout game before.

And on tonights episode of "pimp my wasteland metal house" you can expect to see:

shelves with skulls.

a pool table with one pool ball.

a flag on a wall.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand dogmeat's doghouse.

Main questline, what main questline?

• Like 2

Finally got the pip-boy in yesterday. About what I was expecting: cheap plastic feel and my phone didn't fit it. BUT IT'S A PIPBOY. AND THE CONTAINER IS SWEET.

I used sandpaper to trim away at the plastic molding for the phone and now the phone fits in there, though maybe a bit too snug. Generally satisfied.