DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I'll have to post a video later but i'm almost done with MacCready's bachelor's pad. It's a two story building. The first floor is all sophisticated and nice and then the second floor has a bunch of toys and stuff. I figured he's a still kid at heart as he was the mayor of LIttle Lamplight.

Aluminum farming is a pain in the ass. You can go to that fishpacking plant every 3 in-game days and get a bunch of aluminum trays. You should try the materials glitch I posted earlier. I wish I'd have discovered it earlier. Makes settlement building and power armor crafting so much easier.

Rank 2 or 3 scrapper and modded weapons (pipe especially) makes it very easy to farm aluminum.

So on the whole defense rating is Castle set to not be defended often or something? I have my defenses low, shit tons of water being produced, 9 gunner cages, and still, no one is brave enough to step up and try to siege the damn thing.

I don't have Castle well defended at all and no one ever attacks. Is it full? Mine is. I did outfit all my settlers there with decent weapons.

Tried to build something fancy for a settlement today, gave up snd built a wood shack. Screw 'em, times are tough.

Its been irking honestly because I actually want to defend the Castle. Its one of the more fun defense quests. Maybe its Sarge 2.0's fault. I can imagine enemies being afraid to come near with him around as he can literally defend an entire side of the Castle on his own (those poor Institute bastards who crossed his path).

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I have way too much stuff built that is just taking up space - mostly my awful attempts at an arena.  I think there's going to be a lot of demolition in the next few days, especially at the Castle.

I really wish there was "reset" button or something like that for settlements. Because I want to re-do my Sanctuary, Oberland Station, Hangman's Alley and County Crossing settlements with new stuff from the DLCs. I'm just too lazy to run around and scrap/store all of my previously built stuff. I probably will at some point b/c my goal is to actually have a nice looking Commonwealth where I'm Lord Humongous and everyone pays me tribute in caps but it's a pain in the ass to go back and completely restart settlements.

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

The most embarrassing deaths I've had involve me building giant structures in my settlements while I'm not wearing power armor and then falling.

I started saving constantly while I was building stuff my first playthrough because of this. I know I did it at least half a dozen times.

2rx75gz.jpg

My latest power armor display. Very crude, but who cares.

From left:

Military T-60

Brotherhood of Steel T-60

Sugar Bombs T-51

Minuteman T-45

Vault-Tec X-01 (backup to main suit)

Raider Power II

Atom Cats flames T-60

Atom Cats shark T-60/X-01 hybrid

Vim Regular T-51

Vim Refresh T-51

Abraxo T-51

Tesla T-60/X-01 Hybrid

Not pictured X-01 main suit (the one I wear around town)

• Like 2

Vim armor is part of the Far Harbor DLC.

The Abraxo and Sugar Bombs paint jobs are part of the newest expansion, forget the name. You gotta have T-51 armor to paint them with the Abraxo and Sugar Bombs paint jobs. Thankfully I had a spare set and the Atom Cats sold me another set.

Bet there'll either be new armor or new paint jobs with the NukaWorld DLC in August. Collecting armor has kept the game interesting for me post-Far Harbor.

The Abraxo and Sugar Bombs paint jobs are part of the newest expansion, forget the name.

Those are part of Contraptions. The one where you can make factories, elevators, etc.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... Guess that expansion WAS good for something. I had the original Vim armour paint job, but not the Refresh.

I am eagerly awaiting Nuka World, just so I can finish it with my level 101 character, before I start installing mods and playing all over again, this time building settlements. I\ve only JUST started getting into settlement building, and while it is fun as hell, the occasionally  janky construction drives me CRAZY. I still have to try and find a way to get a settlement up to 100% happiness (highest I've gotten is 84%), and complete the annoying Wasteland Workshop achievemments. I am 7 away from having all the achievements. ONce I do this, then I will install some mods, and start building with power.

WHich reminds me... any recommendations for good mods which will make building easier and more expansive?

1 hour ago, SUPrUNown said:

Hmmm.... Guess that expansion WAS good for something. I had the original Vim armour paint job, but not the Refresh.

I am eagerly awaiting Nuka World, just so I can finish it with my level 101 character, before I start installing mods and playing all over again, this time building settlements. I\ve only JUST started getting into settlement building, and while it is fun as hell, the occasionally  janky construction drives me CRAZY. I still have to try and find a way to get a settlement up to 100% happiness (highest I've gotten is 84%), and complete the annoying Wasteland Workshop achievemments. I am 7 away from having all the achievements. ONce I do this, then I will install some mods, and start building with power.

WHich reminds me... any recommendations for good mods which will make building easier and more expansive?

I'm waiting for the clean beds mod and the one that will allow you to scrap everything in the settlement. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to scrap some of the crappy pre-existing structures in some settlements. LIke why should you have to deal with the shitty houses at Kingsport Lighthouse and Coastal Cottage? I also think there's a mod where you can reset or scrap everything in a settlement and begin again. I really want that b/c I built a bunch of settlements before the DLCs that I think look like crap. I just don't feel like going back and scrapping everythign and starting over again. A "reset" button would make me want to go back and re-do stuff at Abernathy, Croup Manor, etc.

I still have to try and find a way to get a settlement up to 100% happiness (highest I've gotten is 84%)

There are a couple of ways to go about doing this if you google. I haven't done it yet b/c I'm lazy but it seems like the easiest way is to only have like 3 or 4 settlers. One guy on crops and everyone else doing bars or clinics. And you just staying and sleeping or waiting in the settlement for a few in-game days. Have enough water for everyone and enough defense. The key is just staying in the settlement long enough for the happiness to keep going up. If you have a large settlement, it's a lot harder but can be done. Again, there are various ways to get it done if you google it. Also, having cats and gorillas help. But it seems like the most efficient way to do it is to have people doing clinics, bars, clothing, etc, having just enough food and water and having your character just hanging out in the settlement for a while.

Dalton Farm has one more spawn point close to where you fast travel w/o using a mat. Egret Tours Marina spawning close to the fast travel target explains why I will occasionally find the bastards behind me in the middle of town. Had no idea the Mechanist's Lair could technically be attacked (mine hasn't been). I've also never been attacked at Murkwater  Not sure why they have spawn points in the settlement like Zimonja. I block off the walls from the other two, but its been annoying the rare times I've entered there only to find enemies in the settlement or would be if they weren't usually so dead already. I've had enemies spawn further off from Somerville. I've had Gunners spawn off in two different points further away from Taffington though those first two points are why I've never set Taffington up beyond two people.

I've also never been attacked at Murkwater

I get a shit ton of attacks at Murkwater. Plus, every time I fast travel there to deal with an attack, there's a "defend the checkpoint" event that occurs. There's also a big legendary sentry bot that spawns nearby randomly.

Had no idea the Mechanist's Lair could technically be attacked (mine hasn't been).

Yeah me neither. Then again, I haven't ever built anything there so there's nothing to attack. I didn't think you could actually build any crops there.

As far as I'm aware you can't build crops at Mechanist's Lair.

I get the defend checkpoint notice and face the sentry bot though is not normally legendary. The sentry boy actually comes from a previous little surprise/trap in the area. Otherwise I never any defend warnings for Murkwater. Even the Queen there has never respawned as I think I may have accidentally built over her spawn point.