DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

My level 40-something second playthrough character is still super squishy, so harder enemies are a nightmare for me, especially since they've been leveled quite a bit.  There was one Mirelurk queen out in the open north of Nordhagen Beach that was just driving me nuts.  Normally I can find a way to cheese the queens,  but not this one.  Anyway, I took my good buddy MIRV to meet her last time I played.  MIRV got really excited, but I don't think she was into him at all.

• Like 1

But until you get to a higher level, taking them big bastards out with one shot is certainly satisfying.

Was sniping headshots not working for you? I'm one to talk really. I'm at level 107, and I toss grenades around like candy because I like blowing shit up. I don't actually need them most of the time. Its just fun. And now I have an explosive combat shotgun.

I put my shotgun away because it didn't seem to be putting the hurt on people like my 2 mm rifle does and it weighed 25 (pounds or whatever). I pretty much use the 2 mm rifle exclusively except for sniping. Ammo's expensive, but I'm the water baron of the Commonwealth, screw it.

• Like 1

I've got a fiery shotgun (sets enemies on fire). When an enemy gets close and I'm out of VATS, I start firing from the hip, and for some reason, it does just a tiny bit of damage firing from the hip at close range, it seems. Deadly when I use VATS. I think they're all like that, just some more than others. The 2mm gun is better from the hip than the shotgun, so the shotgun got benched. I definitely don't have that demolition perk. I'll have to look into that one.

I just recently discovered how friggin' awesome the sole survivor perk is - you get to carry a lot more stuff and take a lot more damage, and you can still travel with Dogmeat, who is an absolute pack mule when it comes to carrying crap. How, I dunno, but I'll take it. Plus he doesn't freakin' talk talk talk all the time or hold you in judgment every time you pick a freakin' lock or hack a terminal. Man's best friend.

VATS works better on a weapon like the shotgun due to spread. It likely helps focus it. Honestly you really shouldn't even bother aiming with a shotgun. Its a weapon that its most effective up close and personal. You don't need to be melee close (especially if using an explosive version), but close enough that most of the pellets hit the enemy. It also has an easier time crippling things. Fiery weapons just look cool, they are sort of worthless compared to two-shot, wounding, and explosive.

Go to the place you would normally send her too if she wasn't your companion.

Wait a week

She could be slowly meandering back

(This is also assuming you haven't tried crafting a bell and calling all the villagers together.)

The game should give the addled a break and have a menu that lists what companions you have and where you sent them. I know Preston is in Sanctuary, and I thought it'd be cool to send the robot from Sanctuary to Graygarden, but I dunno where I sent the rest of them and I've no patience to look.

The game should give the addled a break and have a menu that lists what companions you have and where you sent them. I know Preston is in Sanctuary, and I thought it'd be cool to send the robot from Sanctuary to Graygarden, but I dunno where I sent the rest of them and I've no patience to look.

That's the only time I fast travel.  I forget where I sent them, so I just go from one settlement to the next until I find whoever I'm looking for.

They could do that and maybe they will in a future patch if its requested enough. I know there is already a mod for it on pc. That said it would probably help if you just kept your companions in central locations instead of all over. Most of mine are in Sanctuary. The only ones who aren't are Preston, X6-88, Cait, Strong, & McCready. Preston I keep at the Castle since its the Minutemen's headquarters. X6-88 isolated as in a fear of him pissing off BOS patrols, and for whenever I piss off the Institute. I keep those last three at Red Rocket as I want them close, but not around to judge me when I do nice things for people or bitch when I where power armor.

Man ... fuck the Ranger cabin.  

Started a 2nd playthough and it's already going tons smoother than the first.  I already feel more powerful through about 5 hours than in my entire first shot.

From Bethesda's twitter

Fallout @Fallout 5h5 hours ago

#Automatron will launch on PSN in EU at midnight (local time) & at 1pm ET on Tuesday in North America.

Bethesda Softworks Retweeted

Planning to play #Automatron at launch tonight via @steam_games? It will unlock at midnight ET (NA) & midnight locally (EU)

Man ... fuck the Ranger cabin.  

A lot of the notes and holotapes you find are just brutal like that.  I don't remember that in 3 or New Vegas, though maybe I just missed it.

The messages from the Hobby Club are a gut punch as well.

Go to the place you would normally send her too if she wasn't your companion.

Wait a week

She could be slowly meandering back

(This is also assuming you haven't tried crafting a bell and calling all the villagers together.)

She was my companion when she disappeared. After I couldn't find her for a while, I asked Preston to come with me to trigger the "Where do you want to send Curie?" dialogue, and sent her to Sanctuary. Resting overnight at Sanctuary and ringing the bell didn't cause her to appear. though.

And THEN a corrupted save file caused me to lose six hours' play, so I'm not sure where I currently am in my efforts to get her back.