DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I had never gone to the Beach until this weekend when I found it on my own.

Literally the first mission I got after finding it was to clear out Raiders for them.

I guess the game does that to allow me to unlock the workbench there

Of course I discovered that one place right on the edge of the Glowing Sea but I haven't gotten any mission for it so I haven't unlocked that workbench

I was not prepared for the area in and around Lynn Woods.

Found some random BoS bunker with a locked door attached to an unhackable terminal. I assume I'll come back once I start dealing with them, but now I'm super curious what's in there. Way to drop the breadcrumb trail, Bethesda!

Finished up the game last night.  

Sided with the Institute, so The Brotherhood and the Railroad had to go.  

The Railroad went down easy, but the Brotherhood fight where we took over the airport was easily 10x as large as anything I've ever seen in Fallout.  I must've killed a hundred Brotherhood guys by myself defending that little synth that takes over Liberty Prime.  The cutscene of the Prydwen going down was underwhelming.  I was hoping for more there.

I also found out that I can shoot down Vertibirds with my shotgun fairly easily.

I mainly took that route to see if the ending was what I thought it would be.  It was exactly that.

Father dies of his cancer after the Brotherhood was defeated.  I wound up running the Institute.  The child synth Shaun gets programmed to think I'm his mom.  Basically the real Shaun's attempt to give me a second chance to raise him, as well as give the synth Shaun the chance he never got to grow up with his mom.

As soon as I found out that the child synth had Shaun's DNA, it didn't take a lot of imagination to figure that would happen.

I'll probably replay from one of my saves and do the other two factions, rather than start over for now.

I finished the main storyline a few days ago (I didn't want to be pulled in all these directions for fear of alienating another direction, plus I could tell the Brotherhood stuff was going to be nothing but more fetch quests). I sided with the Minutemen, and it's been fun to watch the game change after my decision.

First thing I got sent to after that was a junkyard with about 250 badass super mutants with miniguns, one with the dreaded skull next to his description. I was like "super mutants? I got this ... them sumbitches got miniguns! Shit!" I don't understand how some of you guys play most of this game without the power armor. I only take my power armor off for one thing, right, Piper?

• Like 2

I finished the main storyline a few days ago (I didn't want to be pulled in all these directions for fear of alienating another direction, plus I could tell the Brotherhood stuff was going to be nothing but more fetch quests). I sided with the Minutemen, and it's been fun to watch the game change after my decision.

First thing I got sent to after that was a junkyard with about 250 badass super mutants with miniguns, one with the dreaded skull next to his description. I was like "super mutants? I got this ... them sumbitches got miniguns! Shit!" I don't understand how some of you guys play most of this game without the power armor. I only take my power armor off for one thing, right, Piper?

Sneaky Stealthys don't need Power Armor, they just need a rifle.

I hate what power armor does to the heads up display.  I get all disoriented with it on.  I just used heavily modded combat armor. Most of it had some special perk as well.  I also spent most of my time in stealth mode, so at least 75% of what I killed never knew I was there.  I'd occasionally need to use stimpaks, but I think I only died once over the last third to half of the game.  I even made it through the final giant fight relatively unscathed, and I definitely had no stealth there.

Well I think it might also be what sort of perks you are selecting for your character

Like I said - I just maxed out Life Giver so my health now regenerates.

My biggest problem with power armor is you can't do crafting in it - and you will come across computers you can't hack while in it

I think the only perks I took that helped me absorb damage were the armor crafting, and putting points into endurance.  I only raised the endurance to enable cannibal, and I made my combat armor as light as possible to max out my VATS points.  I had so many offensive perks that defense really didn't matter.  

Don't think I've mentioned this yet, but the legendary weapon/armor drops have been really interesting.  I have several that are ridiculously overpowered, especially my explosive sniper and combat shotgun.  On the other side, last night I got a legendary board.  Look Bethesda, I like shooting things.  I don't need this Hacksaw Duggan bullshit.  

I have two that seemed singularly useless to me.  One is an enraging fat man.  The other is a gamma gun that does extra damage to super mutants.

• Like 2

Found a random bug/glitch. Whenever I get magazines, I store them in racks at my place in Sanctuary. Every now and then when I fast travel back there, they'll be all over the floor. Also, I got MacCready's toy soldier so I put it on a table so as to not scrap it by accident. Sometimes that winds up on the floor as well. I had a perfect set of pool balls and pool cue on a pool table and sometimes they turn up missing or all over the floor. Maybe there's a poltergeist in the game or my settlers are throwing wild parties in my house when I'm not there and trashing the place.

Sneaky Stealthys don't need Power Armor, they just need a rifle.

I stealth until noticed, then, depending on the opponent, get in their faces with the Flaming Shotgun o' Death.

"Groovy!"

• Like 1

Found a random bug/glitch. Whenever I get magazines, I store them in racks at my place in Sanctuary. Every now and then when I fast travel back there, they'll be all over the floor. Also, I got MacCready's toy soldier so I put it on a table so as to not scrap it by accident. Sometimes that winds up on the floor as well. I had a perfect set of pool balls and pool cue on a pool table and sometimes they turn up missing or all over the floor. Maybe there's a poltergeist in the game or my settlers are throwing wild parties in my house when I'm not there and trashing the place.

I have the same problem with the magazines.  I finally gave up and left em all over the floor.  I just figured it was the idiot settlers that are always wandering around my place.  I always build myself a small house in every settlement, along with a giant one for the settlers.  Most of my personal houses are really difficult to get to, with a bunch of stairs you have to navigate, and I swear that every time I go into one there's half a dozen settlers in there.  

First the main quest - got the 3 Faction ending

Did wish I had finished Randall Safehouse first (I only did through 4.)

Also seems that I am locked out of any main BOS stuff (ie Danse's perk stuff) as Elder Maxson keeps saying he is too busy to talk. Everyone else though is back to normal.

Don't know how much more I am going to play - probably will do at least a few of To the Mattresses just to see what they are like but I don't see anything else that isn't non-radiant quests outside of just discovering more locations

I have the same problem with the magazines.  I finally gave up and left em all over the floor.  I just figured it was the idiot settlers that are always wandering around my place.  I always build myself a small house in every settlement, along with a giant one for the settlers.  Most of my personal houses are really difficult to get to, with a bunch of stairs you have to navigate, and I swear that every time I go into one there's half a dozen settlers in there.  

I built a giant treehouse in Sanctuary.

I've never got a platinum achievement on PSN, and I was really determined to get it on this one. Even used a guide to get every bobblehead. I didn't realise you could miss trophies by making a decision one way or another. Because I liked the game I avoided any spoilers. If I knew then what I do now i'd have saved before choosing one side over another. I genuinely can not play through it again.

I enjoyed it though, good good game. Back to Witcher 3 now.

Also seems that I am locked out of any main BOS stuff (ie Danse's perk stuff) as Elder Maxson keeps saying he is too busy to talk. Everyone else though is back to normal.

Don't know how much more I am going to play - probably will do at least a few of To the Mattresses just to see what they are like but I don't see anything else that isn't non-radiant quests outside of just discovering more locations

To The Mattresses actually has an ending. You have to wipe out the entire gang and then that's it. I think all of the Railroad radiant quests are just giving care packages to synths.

To The Mattresses actually has an ending. You have to wipe out the entire gang and then that's it. I think all of the Railroad radiant quests are just giving care packages to synths.

Why do I keep being told that Tom needs me? I show up to talk to him and he just tries to sell me stuff.

Why do I keep being told that Tom needs me? I show up to talk to him and he just tries to sell me stuff.

I am getting that too - did you do all the MILA setups? (I did)

Only thing I can think of is its a glitch that the game doesn't know I have done everything alreay

I am getting that too - did you do all the MILA setups? (I did)

Only thing I can think of is its a glitch that the game doesn't know I have done everything alreay

I haven't even been sent to set up MILA. Tom has them available but I'm never told to do anything with them and I can take them from him for free. Am I dumb? I'm dumb aren't I? I'm dumb...

I'm seriously lacking in aluminum. I'm loathe to pay for components, but I might just have to spring for a few shipments.

Running low on cork as well.

Preston actually seems to be *worse* since the patch for me. I just want to banish him to a settlement by himself and never think of him again.

What in the happy hell do you use cork for? I don't recall using it for anything.

I had to buy a shit-ton of aluminum and cloth. Arturo has the aluminum and the clothes store lady in Diamond City has the cloth.

I think the guy from the railroad is trying to goad you into looking at/buying Tinker Tom's latest and greatest weapon.

I don't have any big-time desire to play this much more. Every quest is basically the same:

* Killl stuff, rescue person/grab object

* Kill stuff (clear out area)