DVDVR Message Board

WELCOME TO DEATH VALLEY DRIVER VIDEO REVIEW #173

RIPPA

dvdvr173cover.jpg

HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED~! MAIN EVENTS MANIA~! CHARLES LUCERO~! IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER YOU NEVER WATCH~! DEAN~! WATCHES ALL THE BIG JAPAN AND WE MEAN ALL OF IT~! LES BLOUSENS NOIRS~! DICK MURDOCH~! THE ASTEROID~! AND SO MUCH MORE~! HIT HEATH MILLER’S~! MUSIC~!

FULL VERSION (ie: the one with embedded videos)

SIMPLE VERSION

God - I am so giggly and so very tired right now. I will let you process whatever you want and discuss it in the morning...

• Like 6

Yes-Signs-Held-By-Fans.gif

Man, it's so weird going to something on this domain that isn't /forum.

The Hall of Fame recap is up and it is still amazing that Superstar Billy Graham didn’t hate Vince for five minutes.

This is even funnier now that Graham has (re-)signed a Legends deal.

Also, Buddy Wayne is still training people up in Everett, WA.  A number of his students have been going north to ECCW, including the Cunninghams, a brother team of a thin athletic black guy and a big fat white guy.  I think you guys would love 'em.

Wait, I joined a wrestling message board?

People still have feelings about wrestling? People still think things about wrestling?

I just watch to be bombarded with pictures and sound every Monday nights for three hours.

I didn't know having feelings was still a thing.

TORRIE WILSON/SABLE vs. STACY KEIBLER/MISS JACKIE – Playboy Evening Gown Match

FUCK YOU DOLFAN!

Oh wait sorry

FUCK YOU DOLFAN! #GiveDivasAChance

I am so, unbelievably happy right now.

• Like 1

Quick note to excite Dean: Tamon Honda is a huge punk rock fan, specifically the Ramones. I can't really decipher the translation, but either him, his brother or both were in a Ramones cover band called the Tamones.

Edit: I think I got the translation right, he was Joey Tamone. I have no clue when this existed.

You too can buy their indy album from long ago they had some tracks on.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DAKONSEN-5R

• Like 3

The Hall of Fame recap is up and it is still amazing that Superstar Billy Graham didn’t hate Vince for five minutes.

This is even funnier now that Graham has (re-)signed a Legends deal.

Oh yeah - when that happened earlier this week I was like "God Dammit Hunter - you couldn't let me have one joke?"

• Like 1

Money for DEAN reviews is money well spent.

Money to troll Phil? Priceless.

Oh no kidding.  I am driving Rippa insane because of the wonky match date for the Asteroid-Funk match.

I fixed the link to the Terry Funk/Asteroid match. I also corrected my error where I wrote 1990 instead of 1980

Yeah - Scott Irwin wrestling 3 years after his death would have been something

Tamon Honda being Joey Tamone in the Tamones is almost right up there with my former manager/current HR guy naming his kids after the Ramones. He came in with the kids one time and I asked which one was Dee Dee; they said it was the dog, which had of course already passed away.

• Like 1

Note: Shuji Ishikawa is actually 40 now. I can't find any clue what he was doing before he started wrestling. Probably had a day job.

Yeah, this was a total clearing house of old reviews.  We didn't even get to any of the stuff I wrote this year.  It's only going to get worse because I'ma start writing this week.

What I would say could have been fixed was that Angle spent exactly zero point zero seconds working over a leg/ankle/foot before going for the Ankle Lock.

C'moooooooon, that's nit picking to the nth degree and something I see people moan about regarding Kirk Angel a lot.

Fact is you don't need to do wear-down work when you have a submission like the ankle-lock - it hurts immediately and is effectively a flash-submission. The wear-down work is essentially more ankle-locks because it hurts every single time to the point that on the 45th time you get caught in it the cumulative effect is enough that you tap

Oh man - it's #KirkNotKurt in reverse

And if it is a flash submission you shouldn't need to apply it multiple times.(Nor should dudes be sitting in it for multiple minutes)

Is something missing from the Gentaro/Winger vs. Kikuchi/Masamune review? It ends rather abruptly, unless Dean got really lost in thought about what Kikuchi was thinking about.

Considering that is how he gave it too me - yeah... he was contemplating Kikuchi

If I had to hazard a guess - I am thinking Dean forgot he had to finish that review

• Like 1

I feel like I should say thanks for the simple version just because it makes it so easy to just copy into a Word document and read all day at work while actually looking like something I should be working on.