DVDVR Message Board

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (11/14/2015) - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Etihad Stadium)

Elsalvajeloco

Greg Savage ‏@TheSavageTruth 13s13 seconds ago

Official attendance per UFC executives is 56,214 for #ufc193

Sounds well below expectations, but I guess they can still say they broke the record.  

I would say that this type of stadium set-up is probably still not ideal for MMA.  

Well, considering this show took place at 10 in the morning local time on Sunday, it is probably about what they could expect. We're talking about four women in the main event and co-main event w/ only one of them being a proven MMA draw.

Sad Dana is sad.

Rematch-a-comin'. Oooh, sounds like they were close to bringing on Cyborg.

Crazy thing is...Cyborg doesn't even have an opponent for 12/5 and that's probably the main event since Grasso may or may not be hurt. We're getting dangerously close to that date with no card announced.

Yeah he mentioned Cyborg right away.   I wouldn't mind seeing Ronda/Holly II  and Tate/Cyborg  little mini tournament.  Would that be possible?

It sounds like Zingano may be ready to go. However, last time I saw her, she had some weight on her. She might need some time to get that off.

Personally, I believe Cyborg vs. Zingano would be a goddamn barnburner. It makes no sense putting her against someone like Dandois, who has absolutely no shot at doing anything to Cris. This goes especially after the upset that happened tonight.

Nunes still needs a fight.

It's probably going to end up being something like Holm-Tate in the spring. However, that may be pushing if you want a Holm-Rousey rematch in July.

• Like 1

I don't think they let Tate near Holm until after the rematch. Bring in Cyborg as the next big challenger prior to the rematch to get some hype going.

They really don't have a ton of options for main events once you get to March and April, especially if Werdum-Velasquez II is SB weekend. You can get away with Anderson main eventing HSBC. However, unless DJ or someone fighting next month comes back super quick, you're almost forced to use Holm if she is injury free.

So crazy and unbelievable to see. Never thought it'd be such a brutal KO if Rousey ever lost, true shocker. Great performance for sure from Holly. Good fight in the co-main as well, love joanna's fights. Valerie looked good while Joanna just kept up with the strikes all the way through.