DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania 32 Weekend

supremebve

(I fear Uber would be worse than the parking fees thanks to surge pricing, etc...)

I think there's a good chance they end up being about the same price depending on where your hotel is. The ride could easily end up being $30+ one way if you get a cheap hotel outside the city, and you're almost certainly getting surged on the way back.

I've got all my plans for Mania pretty much set in stone other than Thursday. Originally we were thinking of doing the NWA show but it is a long distance outside of Dallas and everybody I've talked to didn't rent a car since everything is so close and nothing about the show screams "rent a car just to go to this" so unless Lucha Underground decides to run, my group is probably doing Axxess and then Walemania. 

And that is true, an Uber each way is about $25 before surge prices. Me and my friend plan on waiting out surge prices after the show and are leaving early enough that it shouldn't be an issue Mania morning. It'd only make sense to do an Uber if you could carpool or to have the freedom to choose when you want to come and go, otherwise one of the shuttles would probably be a good idea. Our Uber is full on the way down there but have some room on the way back as one guy is taking the WrestleCon bus back.

Not sure where you are staying in town...

If you are in the Oak Cliff area, CT's Real Deal BBQ, Soul Food and Catfish is actually good. Great smoke rings on the brisket, great flavor...and as an added bonus, most of the menu is misspelled!

We're right by the Dallas World Trade Center (and the AA Center apparently). Someone recommended Lockhart's which also seems to be in this Oak Cliff area, but the places you suggested look pretty legit too. Appreciated!

• Like 1

Not sure where you are staying in town...

If you are in the Oak Cliff area, CT's Real Deal BBQ, Soul Food and Catfish is actually good. Great smoke rings on the brisket, great flavor...and as an added bonus, most of the menu is misspelled!

We're right by the Dallas World Trade Center (and the AA Center apparently). Someone recommended Lockhart's which also seems to be in this Oak Cliff area, but the places you suggested look pretty legit too. Appreciated!

Lockharts is good too!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a ton of Lucha Underground guys will be at Wrestlecon Saturday (including Pentagon Jr!) which prompted me to buy tickets to the convention. I would've bought tickets to their supershow also if I didn't have WWN tickets already.

Local fed VIP Wrestling has announced they will be running a show on April 3 - after WrestleMania - at midnight. They're calling it the WrestleMania after party at the Knights of Columbus hall in Arlington. The show will be called "TexasMania" and will be hosted by guest GM Jake the Snake Roberts, who they are now saying will actually be wrestling. Announced for the show so far are Sami Callihan, The Killer Elite Squad defending the NOAH GHC Tag Titles, Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan, and more.

Edit: Card so far:

VIP Championship: Ray Rowe vs. Sami Callihan vs. Andy Dalton

NOAH GHC Tag Team Championships: The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)© vs. The Pretty Boy Killers (Keith Lee & Shane Taylor)

VIP Tag Team Championships: The Vet Club (Apocalypse & Tim Storm)© vs. Unholy Complex (Gregory James & Jason Silver)

Barrett Brown, Danny Ramons, & Jessica James vs. Candice LeRae, Joey Ryan, & Johnny Gargano

Brian Cage vs. AR Fox

15 Man Battle Royal - Winner faces Jake the Snake Roberts

-----

As I posted about earlier, the NWA Parade of Champions will take place the Thursday before Mania, March 31, at the Ridglea Theatre in Fort Worth with this updated lineup:

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship: Jax Dane© vs. Charlie Haas (w/ Black Bart)

NWA World Women's Championship: Amber Gallows© vs. Jessica James (Special Guest Referee: Veda Scott)

NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Iron Empire (Rob Conway & Matt Riviera)© vs. Andy Dalton & Barrett Brown

NWA National Championship: Greg Anthony© vs. Battle Royal Winner

NWA North American Championship: Tim Storm© vs. Devin Driscoll

NWA World Junior Championship: Steve Anthony© vs. Gregory James

Rodney Mack vs. Ray Rowe vs. Lance Hoyt

Chase Owens vs. Jason Kincaid

Battle Royal for a shot at the NWA National Championship

6 Man Tag Team Match

Preshow: IHWE DFW Championship: Ashton Jacobs© vs. Americos

Rod Price will be inducted into the Southern Hall of Fame

Jim Cornette will be the host of the event. Sonjay Dutt and April Hunter will be signing autographs as well as former WWF ring announcer Mike McGuirk and Bill Apter.

Local fed VIP Wrestling has announced they will be running a show on April 3 - after WrestleMania - at midnight. They're calling it the WrestleMania after party at the Knights of Columbus hall in Arlington. The show will be called "This is Texas Wrestling" and will be hosted by guest GM Jake the Snake Roberts. Announced for the show so far are Sami Callihan, The Killer Elite Squad defending the NOAH GHC Tag Titles, Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan, and more.

-----

As I posted about earlier, the NWA Parade of Champions will take place the Thursday before Mania, March 31, at the Ridglea Theatre in Fort Worth with this updated lineup:

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship: Jax Dane© vs. Charlie Haas

NWA World Women's Championship: Amber Gallows© vs. Jessica James (Special Guest Referee: Veda Scott)

NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Iron Empire (Rob Conway & Matt Riviera)© vs. Andy Dalton & Barrett Brown

NWA National Championship: Greg Anthony© vs. Battle Royal Winner

NWA North American Championship: Tim Storm© vs. Devin Driscoll

Rodney Mack vs. Ray Rowe vs. Lance Hoyt

Houston Carson vs. Steve Anthony

Chase Owens vs. Jason Kincaid

Battle Royal for a shot at the NWA National Championship

Preshow: IHWE DFW Championship: Ashton Jacobs© vs. Americos

Jim Cornette will be the host of the event. Sonjay Dutt will be signing autographs as well as former WWF ring announcer Mike McGuirk.

Sounds like a really dumb idea. It's taken me up to 2 hours just to get out of Wrestlemania.

Guest Edwin

I was going to fly in from Orlando for this, but hearing WrestleMania 33 will be at the Citrus Bowl next year pretty much settles it for me.

Was bummed that Wrestlemania 33 was going to be Orlando next year because I just remember the area around the Citrus Bowl in 2008 being a complete dump.  Only thing you could do (besides the Axcess event near by) was look at the tire places and see what family was selling food from their front porch and how much their parking was.  Hopefully that area has been upgraded

Still don't know what else to do in the dallas area beside stuff myself in barbecue.  I hear the aquarium/zoo is really nice.  

• Like 1

Dallas? I wanna go to Six Flags but if its too terribly expensive I might just go to the zoo.I wanted to go to the ROH show on Friday night but i'm going with my brother and he didnt really wanna go so theres that.

• Like 1

If you're looking for fun things to do in Dallas... Um, I hear there's a lot of wrestling shows in town that weekend.

Seriously, the 6 flags there was pretty cool when I went. That was like 13 years ago so I can't vouch for it now, but it is in Arlington so there's that if you're staying near the stadium.

Yeah we are staying like half a mile from the stadium. We are renting a car to go to Wrestlecon and drive around but we didnt want to pay for parking or  get stuck in traffic after the show.

Looking forward to my first Mania as well, driving in from Austin. the girlfriend will be coming along with me so I think I'm most likely going to play it rather simple than try to hit up all of these events every night.

Question -- it the Hall of Fame ceremony worth it? I enjoy watching them but not thrilled about being there live for it. Kinda feel obligated due to Sting going in and the fact that I run a WCW site.

But that WrestleCon event that night might convince me otherwise...

Looking forward to my first Mania as well, driving in from Austin. the girlfriend will be coming along with me so I think I'm most likely going to play it rather simple than try to hit up all of these events every night.

Question -- it the Hall of Fame ceremony worth it? I enjoy watching them but not thrilled about being there live for it. Kinda feel obligated due to Sting going in and the fact that I run a WCW site.

But that WrestleCon event that night might convince me otherwise...

Go to the wrestling shows otherwise. HoF ain't nothing but speeches.

• Like 1