DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania 32 Weekend

supremebve

So, Wrestlemania tickets went on sale today, so this seems like a time where to start trying to help people figure out what to do in Dallas that weekend.  So far we know that there is going to be Wrestlecon, Supercard of Honor, two Evolve shows, Viva La Lucha, Kaiju Big Battel, Shimmer and the WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising, and most likely an NXT: Takeover.  This can be a place where people can say what shows they are going to, update cards, and basically be the place where any news about the weekend can be posted.

I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Flying in Wednesday and going to the Mavericks/Knicks game

Thursday Night Fan Axxess before it gets way too crowded.

Saturday Night Hall of Fame

Not sure about the rest. Past two years I have seen tickets on Stubhub drop to nearly half face value so I kind of want to roll the dice and not even worry about getting a ticket in advance. They always release tickets anyway after they have the setup figured out

They need to hurry up and build that giant stadium in LA so Mania can go somewhere decent again. Dallas and Minneapolis back to back, wtf?

That said, I'll still be making the trip. I know some people there, plus it's close so I know a lot more people from home are going this year. With NXT blowing up over the last year, there will be even more good wrestling so I won't have to worry about finding too many other things to do in Dallas. No way ROH runs a show at the same time as NXT this year.

One of the local feds IHWE will be having a show in the Fort Worth area that Thursday, where Jim Cornette will be appearing.

Is there a link for this? Me and my friend get into Dallas Thursday afternoon and with it sounding like Walemania isn't happening combined with not wanting to do Axxess, this show sounds like fun!

One of the local feds IHWE will be having a show in the Fort Worth area that Thursday, where Jim Cornette will be appearing.

Is there a link for this? Me and my friend get into Dallas Thursday afternoon and with it sounding like Walemania isn't happening combined with not wanting to do Axxess, this show sounds like fun!

Their main site hasn't been updated in awhile but they are on facebook and twitter at facebook.com/IHWEProWrestling and twitter.com/IHWEWrestling

• 2 months later...

This show has now morphed in to becoming the NWA Parade of Champions and will take place at the Ridglea Theatre in Fort Worth.

Current Card:

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship: Jax Dane© vs. Charlie Haas

NWA World Women's Championship: Amber Gallows© vs. Jessica James (Special Guest Referee: Veda Scott)

NWA World Tag Team Championships: The Iron Empire (Rob Conway & Matt Riviera)© vs. Andy Dalton & Barrett Brown

NWA National Championship: Greg Anthony© vs. Battle Royal Winner

NWA North American Championship: Tim Storm© vs. Devin Driscoll

Rodney Mack vs. Ray Rowe vs. Lance Hoyt

Houston Carson vs. Steve Anthony

Chase Owens vs. Jason Kincaid

Battle Royal for a shot at the NWA National Championship

Preshow: IHWE DFW Championship: Ashton Jacobs© vs. Americos

Jim Cornette will be the host of the event. Sonjay Dutt will be signing autographs.

I hate that they put the NXT show in such a small venue, I'm almost certain they could have sold out the America Airlines Center.  Me and my friends wanted to go, but we were at the movies when the tickets went on sale.  They were sold out by the time we left.  If you go to StubHub and look at the prices those tickets are going for, they're much more than we paid for Mania tickets.

Really debating flying to Dallas, skipping WM but doing as many other shows as I can. May depend on how my taxes treat me this year.

I am thinking you should make hotel reservations ASAP

• Like 1

So, for next year's NXTmania, they'll either book a bigger venue... or massively mark the ticket prices up themselves. Because if someone's going to buy a ticket to a Vince McMahon show for $250, you bet your ass Vince wants that money landing in his pocket and nobody else's.

after Brooklyn and knowing the type of fans Mania weekend attracts surely they realized they could sell out the larger arena?

oh well. i went on the AAC website to see if there was a conflict of dates (theres a hockey game on Thurs night but nothing on Friday) and i found out Springsteen is playing there the night after Raw, so now in my (probably short lived) wave of happiness i dont even care about NXT

I woke up early for every damn presale and couldn't get shit from ticketmaster. Just instant "sorry no tickets available" messages. I'm getting bent over by stubhub for the shows that weekend. Luckily the NXT card looks like show of the decade material, so I feel like I'm getting some value because it's way more expensive than the last two years.

I guess at least I'll save some by not having to fly and I can get a cheap hotel in the burbs since I'll have my car with me. Of course the down side to that is driving through fucking Dallas and what I'm sure will be an exorbitant parking fee at Jerry World.

• Like 1

Or - there are going to so many wrestle folks there you might be able to buddy up with folks. Form a carpool, etc...

That way maybe you only have to drive in like once.

(I fear Uber would be worse than the parking fees thanks to surge pricing, etc...)

So, for next year's NXTmania, they'll either book a bigger venue... or massively mark the ticket prices up themselves. Because if someone's going to buy a ticket to a Vince McMahon show for $250, you bet your ass Vince wants that money landing in his pocket and nobody else's.

It might just be as simple as the crew is probably overextended that weekend as it is, it's easier to set up/take down a smaller building, and it's not like the markup for tickets is above the demand curve.

I'm really thinking of flying out (from Orlando) to Texas for this. Considering I work, I'm thinking of flying out on Friday when I get out of work and flying back out on Monday morning.

Any decent reasonable priced hotels in the area where I won't get shot/robbed/mugged?

I'm really considering it as I can probably pull off the entire thing for $600 or less which is an amazing deal.