DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

I wonder if Rousey even saw anything from the show.  From what I understand she was fully focused on the UFC show.

But hearing Meltzer talk about how phenomenal the show and key matches were is pretty much selling me on the DVDs when they come out.

I wonder if Rousey even saw anything from the show.  From what I understand she was fully focused on the UFC show.

Considering Dana White did an interview that said Rousey didn't watch the UFC PPV and texted him to find out who won says to me this isn't true

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome, I didn't expect a PWG show on such short notice.

They already announced the card:

- Roderick Strong vs. Sami Callihan

- Mark Andrews vs. Marty Scurll

- Jeff Cobb vs. Chris Hero

- Drew Galloway vs. Brian Cage

- Dalton Castle vs. Adam Cole

- Andrew Everett vs. Trevor Lee

- PWG Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Michael Elgin

• Like 2

Looks like an awesome show.  MATANZA!

I'm still working through Bowie (Drew galloway is a fucking chore to watch).  Chuck Taylor's idea, which he mentioned on commentary, for a southern anti-Semitic babayface gimmick was all the LOLs.  To paraphrase:

"I want to do a southern babyface gimmick where he's a huge babyface but also he's like really anti-Semetic.  Like he'll do a babyface Ricky Morton promo, 'Ah just want all you people to know that I love y'all and I fight for all y'all. 

'cept the Jews!  Thank ya very much!'"

• Like 1

I have this habit of clicking through when tickets go on sale, just to see if I could theoretically get one, even though I have absolutely no plans to go see PWG anytime soon.  I should probably stop that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They actually did just announce a show for July 29th. Thankfully just called "Thirteen":

- Chuck Taylor vs. Trent?
- Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee
- Sami Callihan vs. Marty Scurll
- Tommy End vs. Adam Cole
- Timothy Thatcher vs. Roderick Strong
- Death by Elbow (Hero & JT Dunn) vs. Young Bucks
- PWG Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Since this is a Friday I wonder, if they'll annouce another show for Saturday. I don't think they've ever flown the Europeans in just for one show.

• Like 1