DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

Here's a little something they put on their Youtube account. Beware of spoilers:

PWG isn't a promotion that's very focused on storylines, but it still seems too soon to already do a dissension angle for Mount Rushmore.

Also shouldn't it at least be called 2.1 now? I'm a stickler for stuff like that.

They've announced the card for the January 2nd show on Twitter:

- Angelico vs. Brian Cage

- Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Gulak

- Sami Callihan vs. Trevor Lee

- Jack Evans vs. Drew Galloway

- Mike Bailey vs. Adam Cole

- Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Akira Tozawa

- PWG Championship: Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero

Holy Shit, that's another great card! Very glad to see Evans and Angelico back. I'm surprised to see that Zack isn't in the title match, but those should be great matches either way.

They've also announced that ASW2 will be released on BluRay, which is great news to me as well.

Gulak vs. Thatcher in front of the Reseda audience should be fantastic.

Why isn't Sabre getting his title shot? Not that seeing two of the best wrestlers of 2015 wrestle for the title won't be fucking amazing or anything. 

Is Super Dragon still suffering from the concussion in August? :(

Gulak vs. Thatcher in front of the Reseda audience should be fantastic.

Why isn't Sabre getting his title shot? Not that seeing two of the best wrestlers of 2015 wrestle for the title won't be fucking amazing or anything. 

Is Super Dragon still suffering from the concussion in August? :(

They could be saving sabre strong for ddt 2016?

There aren't any tag matches on that card so they could just have the one singles match on ddt4?

I flew out for both shows this weekend and had a blast as usual.

Night 1 standout matches were all in the second half with Lee/O'Spreay, Omega/Bailey & Roddy/Sydal. The pop for Adam Cole was crazy. Apparently some knew it wasn't Dragon when the lights came back up b/c Cole was holding a mic and Dragon never talks but I couldn't see that from my side. Body type clearly wasn't Dragon though. Super hot way to close out.

Fun moments earlier on were Scurll trying to point out Ricochet is Prince Puma and crowd chanting "no he's not" & "we love kayfabe". Drew Gulak came out as a surprise but before anyone could process he was there, Sami came out with no entrance music and crowd went crazy cheering. Really liked how they did that.

Night 2 was the better show in my opinion. Omega/O'Spreay was RI-GOD-DAMN-DICULOUS. On Meltzer Radio he said someone called it the best match they've ever seen. That wasn't me and I wouldn't agree but I know some people had it at that level. Guerrilla Warfare was just a half hour of insanity. I didn't know how they were gonna up the one at BOLA and I'm still not sure they did because I was trying not to get hit (failed - got nailed with ladder & chair) and so much was going on it was hard to keep up with it all. Hero ended up bloody, Bailey down hurt, Candice got destroyed multiple times, Joey went missing... then finally Kyle O'Reilly showed up for another huge pop and joined the match along with various other participants I won't spoil. If you're a hardcore PWG fan following who the group has been bullying this match totally caters to you with callbacks.

I'm not a big Thatcher guy but loved the match with Scurll. Sick finish. Ricochet/Andrews & Sydal/Lee were both tremendous and on any other show would have been MOTN. Taylor/Kikutaro was exactly what you'd expect and a bit more with the hot crowd.

Very happy I decided to go. Both will be on Blu-Ray when they are released.

I wouldn't worry about ROH having input into how their guys are booked here. It won't happen.

• Like 2