DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

A couple thoughts on some the recent shows...

PWG Bowie ... Hero vs Trent was outstanding. Probably my favorite PWG match of 2016. Roddy vs Galloway was a solid slower paced match. Jack Evans had the performance of the year heeling on the crowd by talking about creationism and then doing drunken kung fu. Taylor vs Dalton Castle was also really fun.

PWG All-Star Weekend .. Roddy vs ZSJ lived up to my expectations. Galloway vs Lee was very good. The best Galloway's looked in PWG, IMO. Galloway vs Trent was also real good. Chuck Taylor had a pair of good openers against Lee & Scurll. The two tag spotfests (Bucks vs Ricochet & Sydal and Ricochet & Sydal vs Hero & Dunn) were something to see. If both were about 5-7 minutes shorter, I would have loved them.

PWG Prince ... Hero and Cobb was a really good hoss battle. I thought Cobb faded as the match went on, though. Doing all those suplexes to Hero can't be easy. Everett and Lee had a nice match that helped give Everett some shine in PWG since Lee seems much more over there.

Chris Hero vs Trent, Drew Galloway vs Trevor Lee and Chris Hero vs Jeff Cobb are the matches I'd go out of my way to see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They finally anounced the next show for December 16th. No DDT4 this year it seems.

Only match announced so far is Sabre Jr. vs. Scurll for the PWG title.

Wouldn't be surprised, if Sabre finally signed with WWE and is dropping the title to Scurll.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish they would start selling tickets on Fridays after I get paid rather than Thursday nights where the decision is always like "well I'm PRETTY SURE that rent check isn't going through in the next 4 hours, but if it did I'd be kinda screwed."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They released the card for the next show on February 18th:

- Lio Rush vs. Ricochet
- Jay White vs. Marty Scurll
- Rey Fénix vs. Trent?
- Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle vs. Michael Elgin & Brian Cage
- Cody Rhodes vs. Trevor Lee
- Sami Callihan, Dave Crist & Jake Crist vs. Adam Cole & the Young Bucks
- PWG Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Chuck Taylor

Very good looking card, many new names this time around. Lio Rush in PWG is such a no-brainer I'm surprised it didn't happen last year already. That match should steal the show.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So yea - dunno if this is totally appropriate to post here but PWG's normal ring was destroyed in a fire last week and from reading things on twitter tonight it seems they are having issues with the one they are having to use.

http://socaluncensored.com/2017/02/12/ewf-ring-truck-involved-in-accident-ring-and-equipment-destroyed/

Here's the link to the info.  If you enjoy PWG, throwing a few bucks Jesse's way would probably be helpful for future PWG shows.  

Heard about Trevor Lee trying to get heat by saying "Fuck Dusty Rhodes"  I know that he apologized to Cody and all is supposedly well now but if you have to bring up a guys dead dad to get heat maybe you need to rethink your career.  I know Trevor has a lot of fans on here but to say something like that without even bringing it up to Cody is a dick move to do. 

You would have thought he would have talked to Cody first when you consider Cody's reaction when the WWE brought up Dusty recently

But I think there is also a lot of "It's wrestler. All heat is good heat" mentalities

I understand both sides. Lee's from the Mid-Atlantic region too, which is all about "all heat is good heat" he probably thought it'd be ok. But after listening to Cody on Colts podcast, Dream's passing is still really fresh and all the wounds haven't healed all the way. Shit it's only been a year and a half, Lee should have asked him about it just in common decency.

On 19/02/2017 at 5:35 AM, CSC said:

So yea - dunno if this is totally appropriate to post here but PWG's normal ring was destroyed in a fire last week and from reading things on twitter tonight it seems they are having issues with the one they are having to use.

http://socaluncensored.com/2017/02/12/ewf-ring-truck-involved-in-accident-ring-and-equipment-destroyed/

Here's the link to the info.  If you enjoy PWG, throwing a few bucks Jesse's way would probably be helpful for future PWG shows.  

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the replacement ring broke twice during the night.

According to Cody's Twitter he feels it's on him for not conveying that rule first, putting blame on himself.  He accepted the apology and the line is removed from the filming.

It's nice for Cody to take the higher ground on this, but Trevor really should have re-thought that one.  I'm not a fan of bringing up dead relatives for heat in the first place and this is an example of when that goes wrong.  Hopefully Trevor learned his lesson going forward.

My guess would be this wasn't pre-planned  by Lee and probably a spur of the moment decision he immediately regretted. There doesn't seem to be any bad blood over this between them.

PWG also released the card for their next show on March 18th yesterday, which looks absoutely bonkers:

- Shane Strickland vs. Dezmond Xavier
- Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole
- Keith Lee vs. Brian Cage
- Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle vs. Dave Crist & Jake Crist
- Lio Rush vs. Trevor Lee
- Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll vs. Trent? & Chuck Taylor
- PWG Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs. Pentagon Jr. & Fenix vs. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

• Like 1