DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

Nah. That was a very polarizing match. I liked it because they worked their style and it's rare to see a match like that. On the other hand the show was already going long and a lot of the crowd really wasn't having any of it early on which you'd think would have made them change things on the fly.

• Like 1

Yeah, count me in with the "on the other hand" group.  The prior match (Ospreay/Bailey) was really short and then this match went forever and never seemed to get out of the blocks past "we're two guys goofing off doing really light English exhibition style wrestling."  It picked up in the final few minutes but, until then, it just felt aimless and tedious.  It was more like the kind of time-filler comedy match you'd see before the finals than an actual semifinal bout.  I was about to make a joke about how I was shocked nobody got a thumb in the butt -- then I remembered Scurll chasing Sabre and Knox with ballsweat and, later, outright grabbing Sabre's dick.

I'm all for goofy matches.  One of my earliest PWG experiences was BOLA 2010 where Paul London showed up in a spaceman suit, only to reveal a singlet with a water bottle stuffed down his crotch.  But that was night one, round one.  When you're in the match to determine who goes to the finals, I sort of expect a little bit more intensity and less "watch us do interpretive dance and effortlessly float in and out of holds."

bola 2015 has been added to the winter sale.

so I've gone for

bola 2015 stages one two and final

Threemendous IV (bucks vs angelico/evans...c'mon flippy borderline dangerous stupidity...I'm IN!)

sells out V3 - cant be bollocksed going back to the older shows just in case they're shit cards with one shining match - so I've got the matches.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I'm thinking but some of those HAVE to be finishes, even for P-DUB-G. Only one way to find out.

I really wish they had their own subscription service or Highspots had more in their vault.