DVDVR Message Board

A PWG THREAD

RIPPA

I thought Super Smash Brothers got caught at the border and weren't allowed back in the US?    I hope they will both be returning to PWG soon!!!

Uno's finally allowed, Dos isn't yet.

Does anyone know if there was a falling out between PWG and Willie Mack?  He left when it looked like he was going to the Performance Center, but that fell through and he hasn't been back since.  I'm listening to him being interviewed on MVP's podcast and he went over his career and never mentioned PWG.

Thanks for the reply!  That sucks.  I definitely would have rather seen him in this past BOLA instead of maybe Andrew Everett or Trent, and definitely the previous year over AJ Styles (really, anyone over Styles given the way that ended up).

That's one rough side effect of PWG becoming more of an "indy all stars" promotion.  Guys who are seen more as "local SoCal talent" are getting pushed out.  No more RockNES Monsters on every undercard.

ASW 12 card announced on PWG's Twitter last night.

Night 1

Chuck Taylor vs. Trevor Lee

Chris Hero vs. Marty Scurll

Trent? vs. Drew Galloway

Mark Andrews vs. Roderick Strong (non-title)

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Tommy End

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Adam Cole

Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Young Bucks (PWG Tag Titles)

Night 2

Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll

Mark Andrews vs. Evil Uno

Drew Galloway vs. Trevor Lee

Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Chris Hero & Tommy End (possibly for PWG Tag Titles)

Trent? vs. Adam Cole

reDRagon vs. Young Bucks (possibly for PWG Tag Titles)

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Roderick Strong (PWG World Title)

• Like 1

Bowie results

- Chuck Taylor Defeated Dalton Castle

- Chris Hero Defeated Trent Baretta

- Jack Evans Defeated Sami Callihan

- Adam Cole Defeated Andrew Everett

- Zack Sabre, Jr. Defeated Trevor Lee 

- Mike Bailey Defeated Player Uno 

- PWG Championship Match:
Roderick Strong © Defeated Drew Galloway 

I'm only two matches in to ASW 11 but it's great so far.  Ricochet was wearing his Prince Puma trunks and Marty Scurl stopped before the lockup and yelled, "wait a minute!  I've seen you on TV somewhere!  You're Prince..." before being but off by Ricochet and also by the fans chanting about respect for kayfabe.

I'm only two matches in to ASW 11 but it's great so far. Ricochet was wearing his Prince Puma trunks and Marty Scurl stopped before the lockup and yelled, "wait a minute! I've seen you on TV somewhere! You're Prince..." before being but off by Ricochet and also by the fans chanting about respect for kayfabe.

Was it "kaaay-faaabe, kaaay-faaabe," or was it "don't break/ kayfabe, clap clap clapclapclap?"

It might have been "we love kayfabe!" but I'm not 100%.

Continuing ASW 11...Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs American Wolves was not great.  I've seen better from both teams so maybe it was a matter of them not clicking, or perhaps it was from Elgin & Cage not teaming in a  while.  Not sure, but the teams had zero chemistry and the match was blah. 

The impromptu Sami Callihan vs Drew Gulak match was great.  Callihan is at his best as a small, manic ass kicker so this match suited him perfectly.  No idea why he was never allowed to do anything close to this in NXT, but hey, their loss.

Tommy End out of ASW 12 due to injury.  

So night 1 now has Kyle O'Reilly vs. Marty Scurll and Chris Hero vs. Evil Uno (instead of O'Reilly-End and Hero-Scurll)

and night 2 now has Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs. Chris Hero & JT Dunn (with Dunn replacing End as Hero's partner).

• 2 weeks later...