DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-2-15

MGFanJay

Pretty enjoyable show this week. New Day returned in full, and we got some really fun stuff with the tag division getting some renewed focus to some degree with a Lucha Dragons win and video package. Nice usage of the IC Champ tonight and they made a lot of guys seem slightly elevated being in the Survivor Series match.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/wwe-raw-11-2-15.html

496e73444561170.jpg 

Alberto has been spending his WWE money well.
179b40444565015.jpg

48b93b444567494.jpg

Big E is a 25 on a 10 scale

2PSBfMO.gif

2f510b444567555.jpg

Screens - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/kxmov2zslv041n6nvp2e47f24ni60sdl

Only saw part of the Survivor Series match and man the crowd seemed great.  They were hot for all the right things, screaming fro Dean to get the hot tag.  It gave it a real old fashioned feel.

Were they like that all night?

Only thing they were really dead for was the R-Truth match.

Insert joke here.

Lots to like on this show:

• Roman and Seth cutting good promos where they show each other professional respect and personal disdain, thus building both guys up. 
  • Kevin Owens old school inset promo.
  • Cesaro wins.
  • Cole's "Byron, no one likes you" line.
  • Lucha Dragons going over the British Isles.
  • Good Divas 4-way, even if it took Brie doing Daniel Bryan stuff and a double superplex bomb to get the crowd going.
  • Everyone being great in the main event, and really smart booking to keep everyone looking strong.

When the worst thing about the show is the super-annoying Arby's ads at every commercial break, it's a pretty good show.

Edit: oh yeah, and Bray Wyatt summoning the power of corny lightning effects to bring about a cheesy Taker/Kane retrospective video was kinda dumb too...

Seth's reaction to the hearing the trombone was great. And Xavier is the man for sneaking in a The Last Unicorn drop during their promo. And damn, that main event was fun as hell. RAW works so much better when they keep the talking to a bare minimum.

Good to see Lucha Dragons getting a meaningful win over the entertaining team of Sheamus and Barrett(although, I'm sure Sheamus will turn against the "King", eventually). Fun seeing the Usos back, but did anyone else notice Jey's awkward landing after the dive through the ropes, and how slow it took him to get back in? 

The Bray promo was lots of fun in a 1998 kind of way. I'm guessing they'll have to name The Bros. Of Destruction's Survivor Series partners next week, unless they just do four on two. 

New Day dancing/Owens staring. New Day then playing Air Band to Rollins's theme. So good.

I don't have a daughter so I've never experienced that overprotective feeling when she's about to go on her first date but I imagine it's the same feeling I get when Sasha Banks walks out to 10,000 people sitting on their hands.

• Like 1

I assume they were going in order of who would receive the biggest pop.

Another good show.  The opening promo clocked in at only 10 minutes, and both Reigns/Rollins came across well.  Cesaro's swinging of Miz was insane. Can't wait to see what Rollins will owe KO for being on his team. Wyatt's promo was the best mixture of camp and crazy.  XAVIER IS BACK! (horn up)  The women's 4-way was solid.  They seem to be building toward an Owens/Ambrose program--that should be good.  Lucha Dragons got a nice push.  Holy continuity with Swagger and Coulter!  The main event was good, with Rollins going back to his chair-swinging best (or worst) and Reigns holding the chair at the end, just looking at it.  A bit of foreshadowing, maybe?

Two good RAW episodes in a row.

• Like 1

Yeah, Dean should have been the obvious first out and Usos last. They still had a pretty solid match though, despite the amount of superkicks approaching Young Bucks level. One thing I wish they would have done is had the eliminated wrestlers stay at ringside and probably end up brawling at the end to give an extra level of chaos to the DQ to make it less flat.

Fun long main event, always dig the 5 on 5 matches. Kinda surprised they aren't doing a big main event 5 on 5 for Survivor Series this year after the success of last year's match which WWE.com named the match of the year. Good tag Lucha Dragons vs Sheamus/Barrett. Loved the women's 4 way. Even though the outcome was obvious, everyone looked good and the crowd was hot for the finishing stretch. Glad to see Becky get some shine