DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 77: Belfort vs. Henderson III (11/7/2015) - Ibirapuera, São Paulo, Brazil (Ginásio do Ibirapuera)

Elsalvajeloco

I just don't see the point.  I love Hendo and he's one of my all time favorites, but what's the point?  He's 45.  He's already taken a lot of punishment recently.  Also take into account punishment in the gym and with training.  Hendo could face lower level guys and maybe be a little more competitive, but why?  Look what happened to Wanderlei Silva when he should've just hanged it up when his legacy was intact.

He is going to get the itch to probably fight on. I would say that 90% UFC would let him fight one more time. They would hope that the same thing or same moment of clarity that hit Minotauro would hit Dan so he would finally retire.

I would like see to Hendo take some time off and maybe fight one more time before hanging it up. Getting zapped like that ain't so great for the ole cranium.

you know Scott Coker is watching Hendo in the UFC and begging for more losses so they can put him on their Bellator shows.  I mean they are putting Ken Shamrock and some street fighter with a number for a last name on their main cards.   Hendo might be shot but he is still a top 5 guy in his division for Bellator