Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)


Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2017 at 6:44 AM, PetrolCB said:

As I expected, this was a solid episode. 

Yeah it was good. I tweeted to Dave a while ago if he could ever see a time in the future where he'd be comfortable doing a career retrospective of Benoit and he didn't respond. This is probably the closest we'll get. Some really good stories. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't going to listen as I'm getting a bit sick of this growing tide around reevaluating Benoit just based on his work/calls for him to be in the Hall of Fame from kids who weren't around at the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The episode is fine but I genuinely don't get the fascination by fans with Benoit anymore.  There's a lot of great wrestlers to explore/examine. This cult of personality around his 'career getting its due' is just a waste of everyone's time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a good listen but Jericho is a bit tone deaf on the issue. It's understandable that he has complex emotions about it but it's not weird that most other people don't really want to talk about Benoit or his wrestling career very much


He seems inappropriately fixated on the damage this does to his own legacy in a way that seems revealing, a bit like how he appears to be distastefully incapable of talking about when he accidentally potatoed Shaun's wife without also mentioning how beneficial it turned out to be for his career

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I gave it a listen, Jericho is the epitome of complex emotions and every point he made seemed to be "what he did was deplorable BUT--"

I guess in a lot of ways he has a right to be upset or fixated on the damage it has done to what he leaves behind but the fact us until he was talking about some of those matches I hadn't given them a second thought from watching them the first time around

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate ads in podcasts. Jericho's ads may be the absolute worst. The only podcasts with ads worse than his are Joe Rogan's podcast which I barely listen to anymore and Your Mom's House. It's just the way Jericho leads into the ad. I can skip ahead 30 seconds at a time to pass by them, but it's that fucking lead in that pisses me off.

With regards to the Benoit podcast, it's a different take on the guy as it focused more on his career than the murders. It was a nice change from the more dour Chavo and Nancy's sister podcasts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see why people look at his stance negatively, but, he was very close to this guy. He was one of his best and closest friends. I guarantee that any of you, who had a friend that you were as close to as he was to Benoit, who suddenly snapped and did something horrific, would find it difficult to not ever bring him up and harp on great times you both and others had together. 

Maybe I'm the only one, but likely not. It's cathartic to Chris. If that's what helps him for the rest of his life, let it be. Instead of "remember we did this?" to Benoit, he's gotta say that to other people, who mostly weren't there. 

Leave him be. If you don't like the subject matter, don't listen. You knew what you were getting into. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Craig H said:

 It's just the way Jericho leads into the ad. I can skip ahead 30 seconds at a time to pass by them, but it's that fucking lead in that pisses me off.

"(fake laugh) Ha Ha Ha!  Okay.  We're going to talk about the time you did (career highlight) but before that let's talk about (sponsor)."

Its to the point where its hard to concentrate on the interview because I'm practically anticipating that any sentence is a strangely edited cut to an ad.  I appreciate the effort of trying to paste them into the interviews but you're right, they're very disconcerting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DukeCaesar said:

"(fake laugh) Ha Ha Ha!  Okay.  We're going to talk about the time you did (career highlight) but before that let's talk about (sponsor)."

Its to the point where its hard to concentrate on the interview because I'm practically anticipating that any sentence is a strangely edited cut to an ad.  I appreciate the effort of trying to paste them into the interviews but you're right, they're very disconcerting.

You have a few interesting points there Duke Caesar, and we're going to get into them a little bit more but first I have to talk about Me Undies. Me Undies are a...

Yeah, I said recently I both cringe/hate/love Jericho's ad segues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Didnt Jericho say at one point that Benoit was possessed by a demon or such when he committed the murders? 

He said something along those lines. If you listen to today's ep with Bo Dallas, it's clear Jericho believes or wants to believe some seriously dumb stuff i.e. not believing in the moon landing because nobody has been back since, when the truth is the moon sucks and there's no reason to waste money getting more rocks and dust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2017 at 4:46 AM, Godfrey said:

He said something along those lines. If you listen to today's ep with Bo Dallas, it's clear Jericho believes or wants to believe some seriously dumb stuff i.e. not believing in the moon landing because nobody has been back since, when the truth is the moon sucks and there's no reason to waste money getting more rocks and dust.

We have been back. 5 times. Its a pointless argument though. If you dont believe the first mission landed why would you believe the rest?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think at least some of the moon landing truthers believe we went to the moon on the later missions but faked the first one to beat the Soviets there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 4:47 PM, Hagan said:

The episode is fine but I genuinely don't get the fascination by fans with Benoit anymore.  There's a lot of great wrestlers to explore/examine. This cult of personality around his 'career getting its due' is just a waste of everyone's time.

Some people are obsessed with killers, so merge this with being a star in a niche sport and you have a cult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jericho / Tyson podcast was absolutely BRUTAL. It's fairly clear Tyson doesn't know who the hell Jericho really is. Jericho tries to get his "tag match" on raw over and Mike talks about turning on Shawn at the end, so it's obvious he thought Jericho was talking about Wrestlemania 14. It was just awkward. Tyson giving Chris one word answers to simplistic questions. Just a total mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TerjeRUN said:

The Jericho / Tyson podcast was absolutely BRUTAL. It's fairly clear Tyson doesn't know who the hell Jericho really is. Jericho tries to get his "tag match" on raw over and Mike talks about turning on Shawn at the end, so it's obvious he thought Jericho was talking about Wrestlemania 14. It was just awkward. Tyson giving Chris one word answers to simplistic questions. Just a total mess.

Good thing I passed on this, I'll just wait for Fashion Police Friday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a 3 minute spell in the Tyson interview where Mike started asking Jericho questions and the interview became a million times better.

The fashion police was a great ep. Dango and Breeze should be the modern day E&C, they need to get Dango on Talking Shop after a few European tour brewskis.

Worse than Jericho's segways are the Team Tiger Awesome "news" ads that litter the Jericho Network. Absolutely terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...