DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

Anyone have an idea who Big Show was talking about when he referred to an annoying tiny guy who wanted to kick him off the apron and Show just waffled him instead? I'm trying to think of smaller guys who got a push and all I can come up with is Rey or maybe Sin Cara or Kalisto, but I did miss a portion of the 2000s after the Benoit thing. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Anyone have an idea who Big Show was talking about when he referred to an annoying tiny guy who wanted to kick him off the apron and Show just waffled him instead? I'm trying to think of smaller guys who got a push and all I can come up with is Rey or maybe Sin Cara or Kalisto, but I did miss a portion of the 2000s after the Benoit thing. Any ideas?

I was thinking it could've been Zack Gowen.

Baron Corbin was on today's show. Him describing what it's like to grab the briefcase sounds fucking frightening to someone like me who isn't crazy about heights. He basically said that you go up there and you get to the hook and you immediately recognize that the hook is connected to a heavy ass chain that goes ALL the way up to the rigging near the roof. So you're high up on this ladder on a springy mat and even though you're not holding the full weight of it, you can feel the weight of the chain and when it moves it feels like you're moving. It swayed back and made him feel like he was going to fall backwards, but then it swayed back the other way towards the ladder and he was safe.

Fuck all of that.

On 6/22/2017 at 8:46 PM, MonteCarl said:

I never heard the story of how the 48 second Sammartino title win over Buddy Rogers was a shoot/screwjob finish.

I was always under the impression buddy was pulled from a hospital bed after a heart attack and thats why it was a squash. 

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was always under the impression buddy was pulled from a hospital bed after a heart attack and thats why it was a squash. 

An even better story is how, a few years ago, somebody conned the marks over at WrestlingClassics (or maybe it was Kayfabe Memories?) into believing an impostor Buddy Rogers worked the match.  That was quite an amazing read, as was their reaction (deleting the entire thread and pretending it never existed) once they figured out the hoax.

He might tell the same stories all the time but I never get tired of listening to Da Brune. Such an inspirational story but man, I can't imagine running the schedule he did for those years as champion nor can I imagine working for the guy who blackballed you for that period too

• Like 1

Everybody should go out of their way to listen to Bruno's episode, such a wonderful listen.  It's amazing how sharp and seemingly all-around healthy he is for his age.  My parents stopped watching and wouldn't know/care about anything from the past 25 years.  But bringing up Bruno we can talk for quite awhile, he's the one guy that bridges that gap for us.

On 6/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, Godfrey said:

Fairly certain he was talking about Zack Gowen b/c he's told a similar story before and mentioned Gowen by name. He said that Gowen was coming up with all of these ideas for the match and likening the whole thing to a video game which really annoyed Show. He'd talk about how he would be filling up his "special meter" or some shit like that and once it got filled, he could bump Show off the apron. Show said somethign to him like, "well, you fill up your special meter and see how that goes for you".

• Like 2