DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Alexa on today's show.

I have yet to listen to it, but going by the episode description this is going to be really good.  Apparently she talks about cosplaying, horror movies and being best friends with Nia.  Sounds good to me.

18 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Jericho's advertising segues are the worst.  Guest finishes talking, then the sound quality abruptly changes with Jericho still acting like he's talking to them before seguing.  Awful. 

It could be worse.  At least he's not doing Terry Funk and Jim Barnett impressions during adbreaks.

• Like 5

On 11 May 2017 at 7:49 PM, Technico Support said:

Jericho's advertising segues are the worst.  Guest finishes talking, then the sound quality abruptly changes with Jericho still acting like he's talking to them before seguing.  Awful. 

Technico, that's a really great story, and I want to ask you about how you got into wrestling, but first let me tell you about the true car app.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think these ads are now having a negative effect on me. I have grown to dislike nature box, bark box, Sherries berries, alpha brain, ddp yoga and so on. 

What about cougar life? Or wwe  En ESPAÑOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2017 at 1:12 PM, Dewar said:

I miss Austin cutting promos for Coooooggggggarrrrrrrrr Life.

I miss Austin getting really animated talking about Onnit's T Plus.  We need more commercials about Redneck Anonis's and flagpoles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cherry-picking through recent TIJ episodes and the Paul is Dead one is fascinating.  As a Beatles fan I'd read the biographies and them pointing out the clues to a wildly elaborate joke made for a helluva listen.

And Talkin' Shop is on with Primo as guest.  In the description it said they actually got Carlos Carlon to "book" Reptile so that already sounds crazy.

My throat hurts from laughing. Reptile getting booked is the funniest fucking thing that's ever been on TIJ. I don't have much of a problem with Jericho on TnS, but sometimes he comes across as trying too hard, especially with the Gordie thing.

EDIT: Editing to add, "Sure." I died.

• Like 3

Reptile getting booked and Carlos' reaction were the greatest thing ever recorded.  The fact he just laughed it off and was like "Sure, I'll give him a shot" was superb.

Primo begging them to call Carlos back so that he could hear Gallows sing 'Grizzled Young Vet' was also up there.  "Yo, my pops would love that man".

I love that Gallows was so hammered, he bookends the show with the same pipe wrench story, totally forgetting he said it earlier. 

One of those Anthrax guys had a way better Paul Stanley than Jericho. Great show though. 

• Like 1

Not to defend Jericho but he did say in the intro he didn't remember anything after a certain point due to the booze.  I can sympathize as I've had moments like that in the past year where I was a dipshit but didn't remember it (thankfully that doesn't happen anymore)  I would question why a guy in his mid 40s is bent on living the rock-n-roll lifestyle so much he'll drink himself stupid.  But I can forgive him for that and it also helps to realize his show brought Talkin' Shop back.

Big Show on today's episode. He tells a hilarious story of when he had to do the Baby New Year thing and how he imagines Vince was in a darkened movie theater masturbating to the whole thing.

"Yeah...yeah...now shit in the diaper you fat piece of shit...yeah that's right..."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Big Show on today's episode. He tells a hilarious story of when he had to do the Baby New Year thing and how he imagines Vince was in a darkened movie theater masturbating to the whole thing.

"Yeah...yeah...now shit in the diaper you fat piece of shit...yeah that's right..."

Definetly the highlight of a great episode. The one thing that I thought was interesting was when they were talking about a young guy on the roster that Vince has been giving a hard time. They have to be talking about Finn Balor right?