DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

54 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Disappointed we didnt get the live show he did with KO in Toronto last week.

The one with Christian aired Friday, and that was taped some time ago.  I'd like to think the Owens one will be aired at some point as well, just not at this moment.  At least I'm hoping as that sounds like it was a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 4:49 AM, bazzil said:

Waltman on todays show.

And it's awesome. The first half is awkward as fuck with stories Waltman's told before.  Then after a break where they must have both eaten some edibles, they talk about shared WCW stories, Lucha, working styles, the best back and forth on his asshole injury, and shit I was laughing my ass off at.

Funniest wrestling pod in awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Hart interviews are always a hard pass for me.  Equal parts maddening and depressing.  Depressing in a way that listening to street people or conspiracy theorists is depressing.  The dude is a delusional, never-was, attention whore who never meant shit to wrestling.  Giving him airtime just feeds his fantasy that he's somebody.

I am hesitant on checking out that Teddy Hart episode, maybe if I just have nothing else to listen to.

But two Jericho episodes that ARE must-listens are the ones with Lars Ulrich and the music episode with Sami and Seth.  If you like Metallica at all then the Lars one was the best when talking Metallica and metal in general ( @Curt McGirt would like this one for sure)  The one with Sami and Seth is just three music fans talking about what they're into and it's tremendous.  I couldn't help but feel the excitement they were conveying and it made me think about my moments in life loving music.  Can't recommend both enough.

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

If Lars goes all fanboy I could sit through it. If it's Lars being Lars though...

It was a little bit of both, though IMO more of the former.  Jericho steered the conversation in a way where they were both fanboying over things.  I'd like to think you'll be fine listening to Lars.  They talk about the new album some, how it's crazy they're still popular, Cliff, early days, NWOBHM, Lemmy, and other topics.  Worth checking out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ace said:

And after all the time of Teddy rambling that he's a new man that has his shit together, he gets busted for a DWI and evading police.

Well, now I know it's not worth my time listening to this episode.