DVDVR Message Board

CHRIS JERICHO PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

Jericho was really game for the improv with Matt, but there were points where the audio was clearly edited because he presumably lost it. It definitely happened the first time Matt said, "Meek Mahan."

My favorite part might be Matt's droll, "But it wasn't my baby. It was a doll."

• Like 1

Matt deserves a shitton of credit for this.  Not only has the story been awesome, but it sounds like he put a ton of thought into this.  It's really amazing how he reinvented himself with this.  Really fun episode.

I'll put it here because it's part of the "Jericho Network;" wow, the drop in quality of Konnan's show since moving over to Podcast One is stunning.  If you haven't heard it yet, the format of the show is pretty much 5-10 minute interviews with different people, one after the other with very little in the way of connective tissue, interspersed with poorly-disguised sponsorship segments like the "Lucha Minute."  Like they'll be talking with Rey Mysterio for a while and then the segment just ends inexplicably, with Kevin Gill doing a half-ass intro for an interview with Shane Helms. 

A few weeks ago, they forgot to do the intros and the show just jumped from one segment to the next to the next and I was wondering if my mp3 app had gotten buggy.

It's really obvious that Konnan, Disco & Kevin Gill sat down and recorded long "evergreen" interviews and are parceling them out in bits and pieces, stretching them like turkey meat.  The show has zero flow and really nothing feels current.  On top of it, weekly guest Juventud Guerera is a waste of time and Disco continues to have terrible opinions and ridiculous HAWT TAKEZ on pro wrestling.  The worst of it was listening to Konnan and Bischoff's views on politics, which are barely at a 7th grade level. 

I'm definitely taking them off my download list.  Damn.

PS not hating, just stating

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Totally agree.  There's a good show in there somewhere, but the cuts are so sudden and awkward that there's no real flow to the show.  Didn't realize they were talking to  Mysterio  in one of the segments for like 5 minutes.

Yes!  That was the show I was talking about!  Same here, I was like, "wait, when did they start interviewing Rey?"  If you're reading this and haven't heard it, they literally jumped from a talking segment right into the middle of an interview.  The following week they started trying to salvage the shitshow by having Gill doing intros for the segments.  It's beyond bush league. 

Catching up on a back issue with Eli Roth and his brother with Jericho.  Eli has been a fun guest as he loves talking about horror movies, in the past he's covered various horror stuff, the latest is (well, the form the 11th) covers 80's Teen Sex Comedies (Porky's, Screwballs, Last American Virgin, Fast Times at Ridgemont High).

• 3 weeks later...

It was so good because they're clearly two guys who probably wouldn't be friends and weren't friends but their love of amusement parks brought them together and created many weird social situations.

I think all the Jericho podcasts with multiple wrestler guests have been home runs.

Great episode. It's cool to know that even after all these years guys like Cena, Orton and Jericho will make a point to watch all the matches. I think one of the reasons that HHH is so fond of Owens is because Owens does some of the same things he used to do like sit in gorilla and observe every little thing about how the promotion works.

I love the anecdote about how when Jericho goes to tell a story, a lot of the younger guys already know it because they've read his books.

I love that his first match was both 1) at a kid's birthday party but also somehow 2) against Mickie James

Jericho is like the best kind of politician.  It's like every single person in the business he runs into he finds some way to make them remember how interested he was in them, whatever their role as a worker or tech person or whatever.  That's like the smartest thing ever.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

He's always texting Vince. The next thing you'll know we'll find out that Vince tore his quad in the gym because he got a text from Jericho and lost his focus.

Vince:  What's this video... a monkey picking his butt... and smelling it.. and he falls out of the tree!  HAHAHAHAHAH!  MY QUAD! 

• Like 3

The impression I have been getting - not just Jericho - is a lot of the WWE locker room was really impressed with Ellsworth, the type of person he was etc... and are big fans of his