DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Bayley discussing the concept of a heel turn was interesting.

The review of the takeover match would have been better if bayley and sasha were both there. A little too much dead air to make it good podcast listening. 

The dead air wouldn't be too bad if I was following along, but listening in the car it was hard to picture what part of the match they were at at times.

It sounds like Bayley knows more about wrestling than she might get credit for.  Once she stops wrestling she can have a job for life as a trainer, sounds like she's been quite helpful in NXT.  And she knows exactly what's going on with her character and already has plans to evolve it.  I'd be curious to see what she does next.  All I know is there's no way she can ever go heel, she's just too damn sweet to pull it off.

I liked Steve giving Bayley advice on how to tweak her character to show a little more fire and aggression, yet still remaining true to the established Bayley character. Bayley seemed to understand, but also seems like she feels stuck and bored with the current gimmick that she's been running for 4-5 years now. She mentioned just changing up her gear as a simple tweak, or taking out her ponytail. That got me thinking that maybe a way to tie all those things together would be that in a match with Alexa (or whomever), Alexa rips the tie out of Bayley's hair and her ponytail falls out and her hair in her face. This triggers an emotional response in Bayley and she turns up that fire and aggression like we've never seen from Bayley before and she ultimately wins the match. This goes on in future matches where Bayley eventually starts taking the pony tail down on her own when things are getting rough in the ring and she needs to turn it up. It can be like when Lawler would take down the strap. When that pony tail comes down, you know shit is about to happen. That could be a simple tweak to the Bayley character to help push her aggression to another level, while still being able to keep the overall character intact.

• Like 3

It was definitely fun to hear Steve play the salty old vet giving tips to the young up and comer. You could practically hear Bayley behind the wheel while Steve threw beer cans at passing highway markers.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 10:15 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

The dead air wouldn't be too bad if I was following along, but listening in the car it was hard to picture what part of the match they were at at times.

It sounds like Bayley knows more about wrestling than she might get credit for.  Once she stops wrestling she can have a job for life as a trainer, sounds like she's been quite helpful in NXT.  And she knows exactly what's going on with her character and already has plans to evolve it.  I'd be curious to see what she does next.  All I know is there's no way she can ever go heel, she's just too damn sweet to pull it off.

If you watched any of the Breaking Ground shows, they did have her act as a producer/agent on a few of the shows, I guess they have some of the more senior a couple times when they'd be on the road on a few episodes and it definitely seemed like for some of the girls, she was kind of the upperclassman who'd help some of the newer people who were having matches on the Florida loops or just getting on the road.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 4:11 PM, Rev Ray said:

If you watched any of the Breaking Ground shows, they did have her act as a producer/agent on a few of the shows, I guess they have some of the more senior a couple times when they'd be on the road on a few episodes and it definitely seemed like for some of the girls, she was kind of the upperclassman who'd help some of the newer people who were having matches on the Florida loops or just getting on the road.

I definitely saw that and her in particular taking a liking to the non-wrestling aspects of NXT.  So when she mentioned how she'd like to train people going off of BG it made perfect sense.  And FWIW I think she'd be very good at that.

What a load of horse shit.  He says he "owns it," but the fact is, he was unprepared to do the job.  Later on in the podcast, he tries to act like he's been unfairly attacked for leaving Scott Williams's name off the byline for his book, which is also complete shit.  Dude just can't accept responsibility for the shit he does.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...