DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DukeCaesar said:

Austin repeatedly putting Brutus Beefcake over as "a damn good worker".  Peak modern day podcasts going against decades of smark opinon?

At this point Brutus is underrated. By 1990 he was decent in the ring and over. 

8 hours ago, Victator said:

At this point Brutus is underrated. By 1990 he was decent in the ring and over. 

Yeah he was getting a lot better before the accident basically ruined him in-ring. He wasn't much in the ring after that (and for good reason) but 89-90 Beefcake was decent enough worker. I've always really liked his match with Perfect at WM6.

Circa 85 he was pretty bad and being Hogan's friend probably got him more chance than anyone else would have. But a guy who looked like he did would have still had a shot with Vince or most promoters of that era. 

Conrad recently said Tom Zenk was better than Lex Luger. So his credibility is at an all time low with. 

40 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Beefcake was never all that bad, he just got unwarranted hate for being a Friend of Hogan.

One of many ways Conrad Thompson regularly exposes himself as an idiot.

Beefcake was pretty atrocious until about 87. Teaming with Valentine really hid a lot of his shortcomings. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss that running gag where he'd ask every guest about it back in the day.

Was Dr D tight with Hogan or Vince? If you go back he's all over the WWF product prior to the Stossel incident

Sucks Bad News Brown isn't around anymore, you could have a threeway discussion involving the progenitors of SCSA

On 2/16/2018 at 6:28 AM, CreativeControl said:

I miss that running gag where he'd ask every guest about it back in the day.

Was Dr D tight with Hogan or Vince? If you go back he's all over the WWF product prior to the Stossel incident

Sucks Bad News Brown isn't around anymore, you could have a threeway discussion involving the progenitors of SCSA

According to Bret, Dr. D was good friends with Hogan until they (D and Hogan) had an impromptu wrestling match in the locker room where Hogan bested D. D was hugely competitive and was always salty over it afterwards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

According to Bret, Dr. D was good friends with Hogan until they (D and Hogan) had an impromptu wrestling match in the locker room where Hogan bested D. D was hugely competitive and was always salty over it afterwards.

That’s a lousy reason. I guess he was upset that he got beat by a woooomannnn.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those who can't get enough bullshit and terrible opinions in their lives, Vampiro was on this week. Pretty cool hot take about the Rosemary/Sexy Star incident in which he blames Rosemary for being injury prone and says the other women were actually shooting on Sexy so it was justified. What a maroon.

• Haha 3

On 3/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, Godfrey said:

For those who can't get enough bullshit and terrible opinions in their lives, Vampiro was on this week. Pretty cool hot take about the Rosemary/Sexy Star incident in which he blames Rosemary for being injury prone and says the other women were actually shooting on Sexy so it was justified. What a maroon.

Wasn't this the first time Rosemary was injured in a long time?

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to the Vampiro episode because a get a kick out of Vamp shootin' brother, and am laughing at Austin's strange, increasingly aloof questions.

"Whatever happened to Skeletor?" (referring to La Parka)

"What's his body type under all those skeletons?"

• 5 months later...

Just caught up on the Bob Holly episode, it's amazing how my opinion of the bloke has changed since his book came out and this podcast reinforced it. I always thought he was dead weight (the superheavyweight team with Crash was about the only time he entertained me) and a bully back in the day, but I now see how that was just IWC influencing my opinion

• Like 1