DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I just hope he tells them to protect the business and maybe snug up their submissions a bit.  

"Okay, you tell me about The Rock, he's the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. I get it. You tell me about Stone Cold or HBK, I get it. But tell me about Tumussoo Chiampol. What's so god damn Sicilian and psychopathic about the Sicilian Psychopath? Can you explain that to me?"

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For a second, Dave sounded like he had nothing going on and struggled to come up with something to plug, and then was like, "oh, well, I have the newsletter, does that count?"

He reminded me of some stand up comedians who don't give a shit about plugging stuff because you already know where to find them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Eric Embry on the two eps he was on.  A lot of tales we've heard a million times, KVE blading his armpit by accident, Brody stuff etc. But he was enthusiastic in telling them it was a good listen.

Some of his stuff about his days in Dallas and Puerto Rico was great.  I like it when guests get old stories out of Stone Cold and Embry seemed to do that. Austin talking about his terrible blade job vs. Dustin was a nice little listen.

The main thing he seemed to want to get over was that he really hates Lawler, he must have mentioned it a million times!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

It feels like its surprisingly been a while since we've had a delusional old timer telling tall tales in wrestling podcast land but the Paul Roma two parter delivered in spades!

Did you know:

It only took 8 weeks for Roma to completely learn how to work?

The reason he never got into any backstage altercations was because everyone was afraid of him?

The students at his school could work at any company in the world today?  (at least he's giving the rub to some others with this one)

• Like 1

Man that Roma show was a tough listen, I lost track of the amount of times he contradicted himself. I agree with Steve though, Power and Glory should've have definitely had a top programme and run with the belts. Also, I popped huge for "Hey Steve, would you like to try some of my steak?" "If I want some, I'll take some..."

• Like 1

I actually loved that Owens didn't break character when talking about Jericho or Goldberg. And Stone Cold played along. It's so refreshing that someone is able to talk candidly about the behind the scenes of the wrestling business and still stay true to his storylines and let me play along and believe