DVDVR Message Board

A STATE OF THE DVDVR - NOVEMBER 2015

RIPPA

When I think of DVDVR I'm reminded of so many heads on poles. The purges help keep this place a little saner. I also hink of those who just plain gave the fuck up, thus making it better for the rest of us.

James

"Age is just a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it don't matter!"

-Leroy "Satchel" Paige

co-opted by Jerry "The King" Lawler on numerous occasions.

Weird fact. Satchel's son was the janitor at my Jr High. One day he saw a bunch of us trading baseball cards. Came over. "Hey my dad was a pitcher for a long time.I will bring some of his cards tomorrow." Next day he shows up with a shoebox stuffed full of his Dad's MLB rookie cards. 

Back in the day on the board (about 14 years ago), there was a guy who posted a lot called travis, a guy who posted a lot called tomk, and Chris Cooey was calling himself BANE. And then there was a wrestler in OVW called Travis 'Bane' Tomko, and we were convinced they'd ripped his name from three guys here. But it turned out, it was his actual name.

He would have gotten way more over if he'd been called 'JerseyKidd' DEAN Lanternfan though.

• 3 years later...
  • RIPPA locked this topic